The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Are You Ready for XML feeds?

Today my good friend and biz partner, Kelly of WAHM Talk Radio wrote to me to say...wow, cool blog. But she wondered if I was really ready to give up my mailing list and said that was a big step.
 
Yeah, she's right. It is a big step. But this website and newsletter is relatively new. I already publish a weekly newsletter about Internet Marketing at Internet Based Moms. I have a good list there and I love using email there.
 
But my list here is considerably smaller, so I was ready to challenge myself and my visitors to move onward and upward with technology. Our lives are so full of spam and it so incredibly overwhelming. If you're like me, you probably limit the newsletters you sign up to because you and your inbox just can't handle it. With XML, you just simply use a free feed reader like Feed Burner (EXE file) or you can even add a feed to My Yahooo. This way you know that everything you get in your feed is stuff that you asked for  and it doesn't get lost in a sea of spam.
 
By the way...my subscribers don't know about the development yet...I will be telling them next week. I'm just ironing out all the details so far.
 
If you'd like to get a feed of this blog, here's what you do:
 
- Regular RSS feed
- Add to My Yahoo
 
Join me for Internet marketing tips, special offers, the latest forum posts and reviews. I'll keep you entertained, I promise. :)
 
 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home