The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tough Question Tuesday - Almost Forgot....But...


It's been such a busy day that I nearly forgot about one of my favorite parts of writing the Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog - and that's Tough Question Tuesday.

Here's your question: Have you ever created an anonymous website, forum post, etc...and said/did things that you would never do under your own name?

If you just want to answer yes or no, that's cool. Or if you want to share details - even better! My answer is yes...and if you share, I'll share more details too.

7 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor Seaman-Bolton said...

LOL - I have thought about it but never did!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thank you for your honesty. Anyone else? ;-)

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I have a fake identity at a message forum. :-)

But I'm so honest that I accidentally signed my name to one of the posts. I know at least one person caught it. But, I'm not taking on an evil twin persona or anything, I'm just saying stuff that I don't necessarily have the guts to say "out loud".

9:17 AM  
Blogger Mila said...

I haven't done it on forums... I would be scared to get caught! LOL

I've sold PPC products annonymously but I could just as well use my name, not sure it would matter.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never done any of those things. I have considered joining a forum incognito to discuss more personal issues but always feared someone would find out it is me and discredit me as a business owner.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Linda Stacy said...

When I first came online many moons ago, I signed up for message boards anonymously just because I wasn't sure how safe it was to be online. Now I'm just out there as me. And if I wouldn't say it as me, I don't say it.

The times when I might want to comment anonymously usually involve controversial topics. Over the years I've learned that participating in those types of conversations with "strangers" usually just leaves me frustrated and angry so I just stay out of it. :D

2:36 PM  
Blogger Assist.com Moderator said...

Only when I post to the Microsoft Vista forums :-)

--Brian
Assist.com

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home