The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Make More from Google AdSense

If you caught the last blog entry, you'll see somebody posted on IBMoms about "favorite" Google Adsense layouts. I understand the question...but I don't think we should place the ads based on our personal taste and trying to make them pretty to match our websites.

Problem is...that is how most people place the ads.

I thought we were letting Google put ads on our sites because we wanted to make money?! :(

I've Done a Lot of Testing of Layouts and Placement of My Ads and I've Learned...

- Don't put borders on your ads. If you have a white background, make the borders white. If you put a border the ads stand out as ads.

- No, the tower is not the way to go. Even Ken Evoy has advised Site Build It users that the tower is the best option. Now, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Ken Evoy's, but I gotta disagree with him here. If we were talking about BANNER and GRAPHIC ads, yes the tower would be a good choice. But we're talking about text ads. Text ads should blend into your website for maximum effectiveness.

- Put the ads in the middle of your content. Don't put it at the top or on the side where they don't look (yeah - I have them on the side on this blog because I'm still trying to figure out the style sheet - I WILL be fixing it!)...put it in the "meat" of your page...you content.

A Guide to Maximizing Google AdSense Income

I recently read William Charlwood's Definitive Guide to Google AdSense and he has tons of great tips and case studies that will show you how to maximize your income from AdSense. Click that link above here and you can read my review.

Happy AdSensing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home