The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Overture -- I Keep Giving You a Chance!

Well, I decided to take advantage of the $50 Overture credit that is being offered with the Internet Based Family site builder. They shut me down a long time ago for not spending enough money with them...so I had to set up a new account.

The sign up process is actually a bit more cumbersome and confusing than it was over a year ago...and you know me, I love to complain about Overture. Here's just an example: They made me choose a country in a main drop down box (not sure if the main choice was supposed to be where I'm from or where I want to advertise) and then a few other countries where I'd like to advertise.

Well, I'm from Canada...so I picked Canada. I get to the next page and it gives me a warning --> "Overture Canada only accepts listings in French."

WHAT? Sure, French is an "official" language of Canada, but only a few people speak it. So, now I don't know what that warning means. Does it mean, I'm not allowed to say I'm from Canada if my listings are in English...or does it mean that my ads just won't show in Canada if they're in English?

Oh well, I jumped through all the hoops and am all set up -- now, I just have to wait DAYS for them to approve me. :( Hopefully, I'll be able to tackle this Overture beast this time. I guess I'd better review my Overture video from my Traffic Secrets course. I'm gonna need it.

1 Comments:

Blogger AndrĂ© said...

Is there a "special" Overture signup URL without having to signup to the Internet Based Family site builder {wink}?

Andre "cheapskate" Chaperon

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home