The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday Words from You: Outsource Your Housekeeping

A couple of weeks ago, Ellen C Braun left a comment on my blog mentioning that housekeeping was one of her favorite things to outsource. I AGREE!!

When you’re working at home, unfinished cleaning always nags at you and can cause you to lose focus. And when you’re cleaning, you almost always have the opposite problem – your work is nagging you to come complete it. What’s a work at home business owner to do? I have someone come in once per week to take care of the cleaning, laundry, etc.

Who says outsourcing has to be just for business tasks. Here are a few suggestions of other things you can outsource in your personal life to make things easier:

- Lawn Maintenance
- Gardening
- Spring Cleaning Tasks such as pressure washing the siding and outside of windows
- Errand Running
- Grocery Shopping

So, what do you plan to outsource at home to make personal and business life a bit smoother?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny Alice, I am currently looking for someone to do the cleaning for me in my apartment... :-)

Since I am working on too many projects at the moment, I thought hiring someone to do something that I don't like doing anyway was the best solution.

If you don't want to outsource, you can optimize the time you spend doing your house cleaning duties. For example, when I iron my clothes (something I actually like doing, believe it or not), I usually watch webinars recordings on my laptop.

If you need to move around, you can listen to teleseminars on your mp3 player: that's what I do when I prepare dinner or wash the dishes.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tips, Vittorio. I save time ironing by not buying clothes that need ironing. ;-)

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate gardening. Fortunately, one of my friends loves it! I look after her website and help her with her online business and in exchange she keeps my flowerbed looking spiffy. ;)

I've also given the kids more household chores since I've started working more. They're entering the teen years, so they're ready for more responsibility. Although they don't enjoy the extra work, they like to know they're helping my business when they help around the house.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alice - that has always been my goal for my very first outsourcing project - housecleaning! And I cannot wait to make it happen!

Also, like Denise, my pre-teen and teens have acquired more chores to help out!

(I can't believe you're in Atlanta right now - you're only an hour away from me - I would so love to meet you!)

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home