The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, November 5, 2007

Myth Crusher - Search Engines Bring TARGETED Traffic

Myth Crusher MondayOkay, this week's Myth Crusher is a little tongue-in-cheek. I'm having "one of those" Mondays and a little cranky, so thought I'd keep it light today.

For the record, I do agree that search engines can bring amazingly targeted traffic. But as you may know, now and then I like to look at the key phrases people enter to get to this website and the results are often somewhat surprising!

Here are some of the "targeted" visitors I received last month (and these are the full keyphrases entered...not just popular words in my stats):

  • used cars
  • bathtime
  • great
  • subject
  • press
  • comments
  • internet
  • people
  • really
  • thanks for lunch
  • www.alicesexy.com - (I am so red right now)
  • slouch socks galleries
  • today
  • wednesday
  • ladies in the pen - (Oh my! Sorry, I'm out of the slammer and don't need a pen pal)
  • voyeur
  • waitressing faqs
  • there
  • explorer
  • bare feet
  • crusher lies in the plan
  • about
  • butt kicking
  • plr and hydroponic
  • 1 alice (well, I guess I can understand that one!)
Granted, most of these searches are small in number - but in most cases, what the heck were these people looking for? LOL!

But my favorite was:

"crazy things people try to sell on the Internet"

Oh and here's one for you Kelly McCausey: "safelist free kelly"

What "targeted traffic" do you receive?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

safelist free kelly? Hmmmm...

1:24 PM  
Blogger meredith said...

Fo a while I was getting lots of e-mail "business proposals" in Spanish. It turned out that a fair number of people were finding my website under virtual assistant chile. Too bad I only speak elementary school Spanish...

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my funniest for October were: how to start a BBQ business, laryngitis enjoy, milking moms (gulp!), white, and my child is too laid back.

9:09 AM  
Blogger stlva4u said...

Hmm, one of my most memorable was: "cat diapers" :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Perkins, M.Ed. said...

LOL, That's a good laugh.

Here's a funny one from mine.

"what causes glassy eyes"

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

frog pants

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home