The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

MultiTasking Myself into Dialup Hell

Okay, this is very weird for me and very frustrating. I have not used dialup since cable connections were available, years and years ago. I had NO idea how good I had it.

I'm feeling so disorganized...so lost and sooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooow.

I'm a multi-tasker by nature, but most of my "tasking" is done on my 'puter. My calendar, my contacts, my brainstorming, my banking, a lot of my shopping and just about everything. So, when my dialup is slow, what do I do? Start opening more windows, so I can do stuff while I wait and that compounds the problem (No, duh!).

How do I curb this overwhelming compulsion to multi-task while I live in the dark ages for a few more days? Do jumping jacks? Knit? HELP!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Oh you poor baby!
Get thee to a Starbucks! :)
They have free Wi-Fi y'know.

I don't blame you for being frustrated. Sometimes I go to my Mom's so that she can help with me the kiddos while I work, but I end up getting so angry at her dial up (and AOL to book...ugh!) that I don't accomplish anything.

May you be at 54 Mbps soon my friend :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Oh I HATE dialup! Now that I have DSL I can catch up on the things that I like to listen to. I do the same thing you are doing, open ten million windows till the system shuts down and you have to restart the computer.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Linda Stacy said...

Oh no! How frustrating! I don't think I could survive for more than a few hours without a fast connection.

Knitting may not be a bad idea. Okay.. not knitting necessarily, but how about some offline task that you can do while you're waiting? It won't help you with your day to day to do list, but is there something that you can write offline? Or do you send a lot of holiday cards... start writing them while you wait. Organize your files (your paper files in the desk drawer) or fold the laundry or clean out your sock drawer. Do anything that will give you more online time later on when you're back up to speed.

Or just go on vacation...... ;)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

I don't know what I would do on a dialup. I get mad at my cable internet for not being fast enough! LOL

Stefani

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home