The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Grabbed Me A Piece of Sylvie Fortin's Scalp

Sounds kind of sick and morbid, doesn't it? FAR from it.

As you may already know, soon after my friends Syvlie Fortin (nee Charriere - of Workaholics4Hire) and Michel Fortin (a good friend and my favorite copywriter) were married this summer, they announced that Sylvie was battling breast cancer.

The news hit me HARD. I was supposed to attend the wedding, but due to personal obligations, I had to cancel. Then I heard the news and it hit me like a brick. In the time I've known Sylvie, she's always been an inspiration to me, but now the inspiration has reached new heights. You may have seen her Breast Cancer Victory blog that brings spreads awareness and strength to men and women alike. Or you may have read Sylvie's wonderful story on her page at the Internet Based Moms Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign.

It doesn't matter where you heard of her (or if you're just hearing of her now), her strength is amazing. She's about to undergo chemotherapy and she's still working to spread awareness and raise funds for breast cancer.

And that fundraiser is where my claim on her scalp comes in.

Sylvie has created a unique fundraising campain that you'll want to participate in. This wonderful lady is shaving her head off so it can be fashioned into a real hair wig for a child living with cancer. Then she's putting her bald head up as advertising space (think "Rent My Chest" or all those crazy "Pixel Ads") in return for your donation to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.

I've grabbed my $250 piece, so DJ Dave can talk about my website on the video...yippee!. You can grab a piece of her Virtual Scalp Real Estate (I believe John Reese would call this "VSRE") for a minimum donation of $50. And if you can't manage $50, please visit the Avon Foundation and make ANY donation in Sylvie Fortin's name.

Every little bit helps. Click below to get the full details of her fundraiser, but HURRY you must fill in your pledge form by tomorrow (Sunday).

=> Click here to learn more and get a piece of Sylvies' Scalp

Sylvie - you're an inspiration to all of us...and we appreciate you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cause, thanks for letting us know Alice.

I've gone over and donated... I have to say I really admire the way Sylvie and Michel are handling this. They're helping and thinking of others during what I imagine is a very tough time for them.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home