The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More on Community Blogs - How To

Last week I talked about community blogs and the reasons they can be good for you and your business. You can read the community blogs post if you missed it.

Adriana left a comment and asked about how to get multiple contributors set up on a Wordpress blog. As I didn’t set up the Mom Masterminds Blog, which is done as a Wordpress format, I can’t explain it to her. However, I know someone who can. I told her I would see what I could come up with to help her out with the technical side of setting one up.

Who better to ask than the blogging expert herself? Lynette Chandler, the creator of the Blogging Starter Pack, was more than happy to help me out and has compiled a guide, complete with screenshots for the set up of Wordpress community blogs. Thank you Lynette!

I do, however know how it all works on the Blogger platform, as I set up multi-authors at my community blog over at BecauseMomSaidSo.com. Since I have experience with this particular platform, I could (and did) create a guide to help those of you who use it through setting up a Blogger community blog.

The screenshots in the Blogger guide are from the new Beta version of Blogger, so there may be a few things that look a tiny bit different if you are using the older version, but the process is pretty much the same for both. It really is as simple as sending an email to the people you want to invite to become co-authors on your blog. I have also included screenshots and step-by-step instructions for the entire process.

Here’s where you can find instructions for both Wordpress and Blogger:

Adding Contributors to a Wordpress Blog

Setting Up a Multi-Author Blog in Blogger

Oh yeah, one more thing. Feel free to share your community blog (current one or one you’ve set up with the guides) with everyone in the comments area.

Labels: , , ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the guide Alice and Lynette. :) Im just in the process of adding contributors to http://www.allthingsscrapbooking.com/blog so that it can evolve into a true community. :)

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home