The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Blog, Therefore I Am - Here's 5 Reasons Why

Just a quick interruption to this week's Virtual Tour of the New Internet Marketing Sweetie site...

Thanks to Ray Edwards for the tag and forcing me to expose the deep, down dirty secrets of why I blog. Okay, they're not really so deep down and not nearly close to being dirty, but here you have 'em (in no particular order):

1. It IS good for business: People like to know you're a real human being, that someone is at work behind the faceless website and what you're up to.

2. Relationship-building: I really do like getting to know my readers and it's easy-to-do on my blog. Email can be overwhelming and I can't willy-nilly give out my personal email address or I'd never get anything done. I love interacting with people on my blog and learning their points-of-view and learning new things from them. I even enjoy hearing from the grumpy people who come by once in a while. I learn something from them too.

3. Market research: This ties in with the above. I can view my stats (feed and website) to see which items/subject lines interest people the most/least. I can also get information about what people really want to know and how I can help them from the various comments.

4. Self-Expression: Sometimes I like to rant, sometimes to rave and sometimes just blurt out my opinion. A blog is a great way to do that and you don't get in as much trouble as if you do it elsewhere.

5. Cuz it makes me one of the cool kids, right? I'm hopin'!


Now, it's your turn:
...why do YOU blog?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok nudge nudge, you got me. :-) I got my new blog up so there.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually just checked on that this morning. LOL - Good for you, Vera!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have 5 reasons ;) I blog for the fun of it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not the best blogger or even good at keeping up with it. ;)

I like to read blogs more than I like to blog.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

It took me forever but I finally saw your post. :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home