The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Is it Time to Let Go?

Many of us hang onto projects, even when they aren’t working as well as we had envisioned in the beginning. We refuse to give up for whatever reason, whether we just can’t seem to let go or because we don’t give up easily and refuse to resign to and admit failure.

Warrior forum member, Karl, isn’t one of those people. He is making a very courageous move by starting over. He is scrapping everything he once was and reinventing his internet marketing self.

Sometimes, as hard as it might be, we need to learn to move on with those things in our business that are bringing us down or aren’t bringing us the potential earnings or fulfillment they once were.

If your first projects haven’t taken you where you want to be in a reasonable amount of time, use them as learning experiences. By hanging onto to these things, you are just draining your time and energy. This is time and energy that can be applied to new ideas and concepts that you’ve taken the time to plan out in detail with the resources you’ve gained along the way. This crucial step will help you avoid making the same mistakes made in the past.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackz said...

I don't think it is always a matter of starting over from scratch, rather continually re-creating yourself, your ideas, new sites, new strategies is almost essential on the internet.

7:42 PM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

But what is the time frame for reinventing yourself? Should you give up after 6 months of working on a project? I'm just curious because I have a few projects I've put on the backburner b/c I didnt see results quick enough. Thoughts?

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's weird...I replied on this blog entry last week. Perhaps, I didn't submit properly.

Anyway, I think that taking what you've learned and starting anew can be very powerful. That doesn't mean If you're hitting your head against the wall, project after project, you should just keep starting over.

Learn your basic skills - list building, traffic generation, copywriting, etc. and use that to build something awesome.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Alice. I took about a week off after reading this post to seriously think about all of my websites and personal goals.

With multiple websites in different niches, I've had a hard time keeping up this past year. So, I've decided to let go of everything. I plan focusing on ONE niche that I'm seriously passionate about.

Surprisingly, I've been sleeping better and more productive-not to mention the fresh excitement!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home