The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, January 15, 2007

Press Release Q & A: Getting Media Attention in Different Countries

I received a question from a subscriber regarding press releases and living in one country while targeting customers in other countries.

"I am from Malaysia and I have purchased your Press Release Profits. I am only targeting the US and the European market. I looked through your sample Press Release and on the top portion it has the name of the person, company name address, telephone number and others and it starts with the location where the person is from. I am from Malaysia. Can I still send a press release? Do I state I am from Malaysia?"

I can see how this person might feel discriminated against, but without knowing what type of product or business he has, it makes it a bit tough to give him precise advice on the situation. That being said, I do have some information that I hope helps him or someone else in a similar situation.

If the product or website is something very unique, being from another country may not pose any problem. For online media, you can certainly try to submit without an address or phone number. However, if your faxing or snail mailing to a media outlet that prefers that form of submission, you'd have to provide similar return information.

There are services that will receive and handle mail and phone calls for you. There are companies set up just for this purpose or a local Virtual Assistant might be willing to provide the service at a good price.

If you need more information regarding press releases for your business you can find it here => http://www.pressreleaseprofits.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One easy way to get around it is to setup a PO box in the US. Do NOT use the PO box from the post office though, go to a UPS store, or any mail drop off store for a matter of fact because they will allow you to put a REAL street address instead of PO.

Easy online income

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback. I had thought of suggesting that, but who will answer the press inquiries? You still have to have someone handling the mail in a timely manner and more importantly, answering phone calls - which is how most inquiries will come in.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home