The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tag & You Get Tagged Back - Why I Read Blogs

After tagging Nell Taliercio, she tagged me back. Funny thing is, she never answered the question about Why Do I Blog...but she gave me a question to answer back. Sheesh, Nell, better get to it!

Nell wants to know...

Why I Read Blogs

I really enjoy reading other people's opinions and thoughts. It's also a cool way to get to know someone. I must admit that I'm not a daily blog reader, but I do love the format. I don't use a feed reader anymore (got lazy and forgot to install it on my new computer), so I tend to go to blogs that update frequently...which is another thing I do like about blogs. If you're bored or need a little break from work, you can say to yourself, I can go to XXX's blog and see what he/she has to say.

For that reason, the blogs I read frequently, changes regularly. When someone is posting more frequently, I come by more often, but when they taper off, I may not visit very often. And that leads me to Nell's next question...

The Top 3 Blogs I Read All The Time

That's tough to say, especially given my explanation above. It changes. For the purposes of this exercise, I'll stick with the current top marketing-related blogs I like to visit.

  • Michel Fortin: He's been keeping things fired up lately and posts regular, thought-provoking posts. I like his blog for the information he provides and for the real person that comes out in his blog. Michel is a great guy, with HUGE heart and it really show on his blog.
  • Kelly McCausey's WAHM Talk Radio Blog: Kelly's got a great blog that she frequently updates. What I like about Kelly's blog is that it's a community-focused blog. She is the main writer, and only has the occasional guest writer, but she uses her blog to spread the word about other work-at-home mom businesses and valuable resources for work-at-home moms. She's also pretty spunky and if she's got an opinion on something, you're going to know it. A long time ago, she modestly said, "I'm just the WAHM cheerleader," but what a great cheerleader/promoter she is.
  • I WAS reading Lynn Terry's ClickNewz a lot, but she's gotten lazy, but I still do drop by. Come on, Lynn...what gives? ;-)
Okay, now it's your turn. With the following 5 people tell me why you read blogs and what are your top 3 blogs you read all the time?:

  1. Bruce Carlson
  2. The Podcast Divas, Tammy & Wendy
  3. John Ritskowitz
  4. Jennifer Laycock
  5. Rob Sellen

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

I'm so behind the eight-ball...only just now reading your post and then I see you asking about our favorite blogs! Well, where do I begin...

1. David Garfinkel's World Copywriting Blog http://world-copywriting-institute.typepad.com

I like David's blog because he writes well and always has something interesting to say. Oh, and he knows a heckuva lot about marketing!

2. Manolo's Shoe Blog
http://shoeblogs.com

The nuttiest sales blog on the Web. The Manolo is as silly as they get, but he knows his stuff and has a lot to teach about using a blog for affiliate marketing.

3. Katya Andresen's Non-Profit Marketing Blog
http://www.nonprofitmarketingblog.com

Great blog for seeing how the other half of the marketing world lives. Katya knows her stuff.

Thanks for asking! And I'll try to show my head around your blog a little more often.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing and totally silly of me. I forgot to mention your great blog. The most personable blog on the planet! More than anything I read blogs to smile, and yours is very good at doing that. :-)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Lynn Terry said...

LOL - It took me this long just to see your note here! :-} It's been a *crazy* couple of months, but I am back on a roll ;)

I enjoyed catching up here - your blogs are certainly among my favorite!!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home