The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Do You Clean House? Your Internet Marketing House, That Is.

Are you guilty of building and building your online empires, but forget to stop now and then to clean house and do a little remodeling? I'm not just talking about making your website pretty (although, a makeover sometimes can do wonders if there is smart marketing behind it)...but really looking at your business and shaving off the unnecessary extras and improving upon what is working.

With Internet marketing, more is not necessarily better. You can’t continue to add new sites without taking care of the old ones too. In honor of spring I’ve got a few business spring cleaning tips for you today.

- If you’ve got a website that is nagging you and it just doesn’t seem to fit into your overall business plan; sell it! Get it off your plate, so it stops nagging at you to work on it.

- How long has it been since you’ve dusted off your autoresponder? Go through each of your autoresponder messages and make sure your offers and information are current. Test out some new offers in place of outdated, non-performing ones. Rework or add a few messages to your sequence to give your customers more.

- Add tracking links to your website, emails, etc. to determine which programs and offers perform well. Trash the ones that aren’t converting well and replace them with ones that are.

- Remodel and upgrade your current products. Make what’s good even better! Adding to your products with new and updated information will result in your customers being even more satisfied and also gives you reason to increase your pricing. Can’t argue with more money, can you? :-)

- If you’re in need of some changes in big areas like traffic or SEO, take the time to study and implement changes little by little. Rome wasn’t built in a day, remember?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some great tips that everyone doesn't always think of but needs to do. Thanks!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely, Amanda. With the remodeling of this site and the demise of aliceseba.com, I've been doing a TON of Spring cleaning and the results have been pretty awesome.

I have something coming available on Thursday that will talk a whole lot more about it.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how embarrassing. I'm so guilty of building and not looking back. Thanks for the reminder, Alice.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply love Alice Seba :) I love the way she runs her business, I love her ideas and most of all I love her being my mentor to how I want my business to run!

Thank you Alice for your hard work! Can't wait to keep getting your emails!

Rhonda Warren

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much is reasonable to sell a website for (or buy one)? What is the best place to do that? Thanks, Alice; I always enjoy your info!

Cindy Morus

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Rhonda. Those words really mean a lot and what a wonderful way to wake up in the morning!

Cindy, I'm definitely not an expert in selling websites. I usually do it through networking groups I'm already involved with. There are selling forums on Digital Point that come highly recommended by others.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Alice I've been doing all of those things lately. Maybe it's the Spring cleaning frenzy, I never made that connection, but I do always get Spring fever. ;)

I love your content websites for dusting off my autoresponders. I also have given two sites to a VA to manage for a share of the profits. I'm very happy with the results.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I need to do all of those things for sure. Good reminder.

L.M.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome Alice. You are just wonderful and have made me realize what direction I want to go online (Thanks!).

I DEFINATLEY want to hear more on the Spring Cleaning Program coming out! I would love to be student! ;)

Rhonda Warren, Indiana

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's coming in just 2 hours, Rhonda. I'm really excited about it. It's fun to do stuff like this because it's great to see people make so many positive changes and I learn so much in the process too!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home