The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2007

How Do You Thank ‘Em?

If you have contributors, featured guests, partners, etc. what (if anything) do you do to thank them for taking the time to work with you?

My friend and business partner, Kelly McCausey, host of WAHM Talk Radio, has started something really cool for her show guests each week. She Swags ‘Em! Take a look and see what I’m talking about in case you are like me and don’t know what swags are. :)

As sad as it is, sometimes we online business owners take for granted that the work we do with partners or the advertising we do for guests, etc. is enough.

If you’ve been guilty of this, don’t worry we all have, me included…but I promise I’m getting better. Why not take the time to let your online pals know you appreciate everything they do for you?

I actually sent a small bunch of flowers to one of my assistants a few months back and here’s what she sent me when she received them.

“What a wonderful surprise to come home to this afternoon, after grocery shopping and stressing all morning! Thank you so much for the flowers. They are GORGEOUS! I love the purple color and they add some much, much needed color and liveliness to the office. Thanks again Alice, you're the best and your timing is perfect!”

Of course I had no idea that she was having a bad day or that her and her office were both in need of a pick-me-up, but it made not only her, but me feel good too!

Now, I’m not saying you have to send flowers or anything really expensive… even something as small as a card in the mail that says “Thank You” brightens someone’s day more than you may ever know.

Another great thing to do is pick up the phone (if you’re a phone type of person) and give them a call just to tell them Thank You!

It’s just a fact of human nature that we like to be appreciated and it’s also a fact in today’s busy world that sometimes we forget to tell others how much they are appreciated…but make a conscious effort to do better if you don’t already.

Before I go bury myself in more unpacking of boxes (I’m starting to see some light at the end of tunnel), if you missed last night’s Hot Summer Seminar Series chat with Lynn Terry, you can still sign up for the upcoming seminars for free here.

You can also grab the recording of Lynn’s seminar while you’re there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home