The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2007

OT - Dude, Who Hit My Car?

A little off-topic, but boy am I annoyed. I spent a couple of hours at the shopping mall today to come out to this:



This picture is taken in the dark, but you can see somebody totally side swiped (HARD, I might add) my poor PARKED car. It was hit so hard, there are chunks taken out of the tire. Even the rust from the vehicle got rubbed off all over and you can see it in the picture on the tires and to left of the tire. This is no little, "Oops I dinged your car," in the parking lot type of thing.

But luckily (or was it?), there was a note left on my windshield:




Yep, you guessed it, there's no Bob at any number that resembles the above. I thought the first three digits were 525. Hubby thought 828 or 825. There's no Bob, surprise, surprise.

Anyway, if you're a blog reader of my mine and were at the Guildford Mall in Surrey B.C. between 4-6 PM on September 16, 2007 (where else you would have been, right! HA HA) and saw this mysterious Bob, let me know. Maybe the dude was in a hurry to set up his BlogRush code...LOL

Grrrr...what a way to start my week off...in the insurance office where they're going to charge ME for something I didn't do.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Oh burn! I would be crying :(

I'm so sorry this happened Alice!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooh mama! that would bring tears to my eyes. i'm sorry, alice. that stinks big time!

nell

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mila said...

Man, what a pain. This happened to me as well but it wasn't quite as bad as yours. It's such a shame people don't own up to this stuff.

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACK, I would have been crying in the parking lot! That is serious damage for a parking lot accident. This guy drives about as well as he writes apparently. Maybe that fitst # is a 3? It's different from his other 3, but who knows.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that first number looked like it could have been a "3" to me too. I'm so sorry this happened to you...I too would be in tears.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice,

I'm so sorry about your car. Did you check with the mall operations office. Many malls have parking lot cameras (inside and out). Perhaps Bob got caught on camera.

Bonnie

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. Bonnie, I'm calling them this morning, but I did talk to someone at the mall and it doesn't sound too hopeful.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I just called security and the girl sounded totally stoked to be going through the footage and potentially solving a crime! We shall see.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I tried the "3" at the beginning, but that isn't actually a number.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Laurie Neumann said...

Alice,

It sounds like at least you're keeping your sense of humor:-)

I'm sorry for your trouble.

Hang in there.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, apparently Bob is a vampire and doesn't show up on video. They can't find anything in the security footage.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick update. I went to the insurance company today and they wrote up an estimate for me - the dude did 3K in damage to my car. In a parking lot!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the security cameras didn't pick that up! I mean, $3,000 damage is a lot of damage to a parked car.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Wasn't H supposed to help? What are his CSI's doing?

This really sucks Alice. I'll try to find that CSI tech camera. Next time Bob won't be so lucky!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home