The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Slacking Off for Greater Productivity

I have been so lazy for the past couple weeks...and somehow more productive than ever. Can you imagine?

The weather's been great, so we've been heading out to the water park, escaping the heat when necessary with an air-conditioned movie, barbecuing with friends and just having a great ol' time. That has left limited hours for work, but the few hours I work are so incredibly productive. Who woulda thunk!

Clearly, if we spend 10 hours a day on the computer, it's tough to stay productive. We start losing focus and becoming less effective, so if we cut that time in half, we're likely to stay focused.

I've also dramatically cut my "to-do" list and this is a tip I shared recently with my IBMoms subscribers and it works like a charm. I expect less of myself and I'm getting so much more.

Here's my challenge to you. Cut your to-do list in half and get out and have some fun. Then let me know what it does to your productivity. You'll be surprised.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been stuck inside all summer and it feels like I've achieved nothing. I may as well try it your way because I have nothing to lose.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Eero Tunkelo said...

Hee hee that's a great experience you're having!

This is probably the single most biggest realization having to do with being productive - and profitable:

* Success is inversely proportional to hard work! *

:-D
Juho & Eero Tunkelo

http://lazysuccess.blogspot.com
http://www.lazysuccess.com

7:33 AM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

I'm gonna try this! ;)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I think this is a great idea!

Dianne
www.productpressrelease.com

6:13 AM  
Blogger Beth Dargis said...

I have been to the beach so many times this summer and quite a few weekend camping trips. I'm finding I don't get everything done, but a lot of what I haven't been getting done isn't that important anyway. It certainly doesn't all have to be done Today. Have fun!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slow down - you'll make more money.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home