The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Google Speaketh & I Confusedeth

I think this is kind of funny, so I thought I'd share it with you and also give you an update on where I am with the Malcolm's Web Revival Project. After I discovered the site was dropped by Google, a number of people asked what I would do about it and if I would contact Google. I wasn't really interested in contacting Google and after reading their webmaster guidelines about sites that have been removed, I figured contacting them would be a pretty useless exercise.

But I did it anyway, to see what they would say. I wrote to them and said I went through the guidelines at http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html thoroughly and made sure my site was complying with everything. I asked very nicely to be reindexed.

Well, about 2 weeks later I got a reply from Google...that was yesterday. They told me that they were unable to help me at this time, but that I should review the guidelines at http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html to ensure that I was complying with all their guidelines.

HUH? Isn't that what I said or am I the one who's crazy?! ;-)

Obviously, I got the standard response...so let's just move onto other things.

Work on the article & press release distribution project has begun. I just got the first batch of 30 articles back from my article writer. I'm just crafting some compelling bylines and working some of the articles into newsworthy press releases. I will provide more details soon.

11 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the great articles!

I'm sorry to hear that you came down with a cold. You should try fasting, it is the quickest way to restore health.

Here's some good fasting articles->

http://www.therawdiet.com/pdf/fasting.pdf

http://healingtools.tripod.com/thns1a.html

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/fasting.htm

http://www.rawfood.com/fasting.html

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.toc.htm

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020129ehret.fasting/020129.ehret.fasting.PDF

Good luck!

Mike

12:32 PM  
Blogger Ladybug Dawn said...

Looks to me like there's no original content on the site anymore. What happend to all the products you reviewed a few years ago? I know I had to take down your button because the product review you had written for one of my products long ago was gone. :( All I see now is guest articles, but maybe I missed the old articles?

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I don't think starving yourself, which in turn weakens the body's defenses,thus making your MORE succeptible to sickness, is the way to go. But thats me.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Alice you know the real reason you got banned is because you dumped your boyfriend (y'know, the guy who owns Google) and he's all heartsick and stuff...

;)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hi Kara. The original content is still there. The site is about 1/2 reprint stuff, 1/2 original. The product reviews are under the headline, "How Can We Help You?".

I do have other sites that are completely reprint and still going strong on Google. Never know I guess.

Oh Carrie...yeah, he wenta little ballistic after that went down. :-)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Why do you think Google banned your site? It still does not seem to be listed.
Get well soon
Liz

5:59 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

I wouldn't think using reprint articles would ban you. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Alice, I get those sort of nonsensical replies from "support" desks all the time. As a general rule the bigger the company the more chance there is you'll get a boilerplate reply that either doesn't answer the question at all, or suggests that you do something you have already told them you tried.

My standard reaction now is to "blow up"! I point out the stupidity of the reply and rant and rave on any point I think I can score. If it's appropriate I also say I'm copying my reply to Sales, Customer Support, Admin - any other entity I think might exist in the organization.

It's amazing how often I get a second response from an "executive type" apologising for their inapropriate response. Sometimes they'll even supply a decent answer to the original question.

It works with PayPal (experts at the inappropriate response), ClickBank are more likely to just ignore you completely, haven't tried with Google.

Give the foaming-at-the-mouth rant a go. You never know. I've made it one of my missions in life to hold providers accountable - something we all should do.

All the best,
- Bill Hely
- Author: "The Hacker's Nightmare"
- Blog | Contact | Skype=BillHely

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like emails I get from eBay all the time. Typical.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better Alice. I hope your ex-boyfriend at Google doesn't hold it against you forever. Ha ha.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Why do you think Google banned your site? It still does not seem to be listed.
Get well soon
Liz

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home