The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

This Seminar Almost Killed Me!

Well, I'm back from Miami and I have to say the Gary Halbert & Mark Joyner Fusion Seminar almost killed me and forced me to change my usual seminar habits.

#1 Seminar Habit: When I go to seminars, I usually take very few notes. It's not because the information isn't useful, but I have a weird "idea filing system". I only write down a few key ideas that I will take action on when I'm done because I find when I have too many notes, I procrastinate from taking any action at all.

My philosophy is, "If I forget it, it's probably not important anyway." Well, darn it all if I didn't walk out of there with more than 10 pages of notes and a wicked action plan. Now, 10 pages may not seem like much, but please realize that I usually leave a seminar with a few chicken scratches on a notepad.

#2 Seminar Habit: Networking is a huge part of why I (and everyone should) attend offline seminars. What happens after seminar hours is often even more powerful than what happens in the seminar room. I learned this quickly and learned to pick and choose the sessions I want to attend and usually sleep in a bit, so I can stay up for late night networking.

Well, damn it all - Gary, Mark...along with Michel Fortin & John Carlton delivered such great content, I couldn't afford to miss a single minute. This meant I was up late every night networking and up bright and early each day to resume my student role. But amazingly enough, I didn't fall asleep in class like I did back in college. ;-)

It all nearly killed me! My writing hand got all cramped up and I got almost no sleep...but it was well worth it. BTW - A little birdy told me that the CDs and DVDs will be made available of this event and I highly recommend you snatch it up when they're released.

A few people have asked me if I have any photos of the event and I'm sorry to say I don't. I was so wrapped up in everything that was going on, I forgot my camera in my room every time. Next time, I promise.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

Glad to see you made it back from Miami, even if your writing hand's probably still a little sore! All the travelling you do makes me envious, I'll admit, but I think it's great that you get to network with all those folks. Did you get to meet Caleb? I heard that he's pretty funny.

BTW, how's your tan? :-)

Cheers,
Bruce

11:57 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I met Caleb. He was hilarious and I have never heard so many nonstop jokes in my life. :-)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Oh...sorry, I forgot to answer the last question. I still have my "ivory" tan and I didn't have to wear sunscreen.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, I was trying to find these DVD's.
Do you have a link to order?

Thanks!
Patrick

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home