The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Money IS in the List

...the TO-DO list, that is.

I already know this (and you probably do too), but sometimes I forget. I wrote myself a business to do list last night and today has been a very productive day. I've got a product just about ready to launch, have secured a few JV partners, have my writers and VAs on track for the week, my newsletters written and am just about ready to take that vacation TODAY.

I really hate to-do lists and schedules. It's probably because I hate being told what to do, even when it's me who's telling me what to do. ;-)

But without the list, I'm easily distracted, forget about things and just feel kind of lost. I spend time wandering forums, logging into accounts and other useless exercises. Being armed with the to-do list is MUCH better!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fun way of putting it Alice is The Money is IN the List and the johns are ON the list.
Every girl needs a Good
To Do list! LOL!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true! One thing I hate doing as well, but find when I do the to do lists I am more productive. I'll do my list AFTER I get back from my day at the beach with mom and son ;) Have a nice vacation Alice.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Rachel or Paris...or...I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice I don't think you wanna know what rach is saying ;)

Anyhow, I've read that the day before you go on vacation is always the most productive day. So if we could just always act that way we'd be set. lol

3:19 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Actually, I wrote this 2 days before vacation. Today (the day before vacation) was reasonably productive too...but yesterday was rockin!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not in the list of what to do...
it is your subcibers list that will bring you money...is that correct Alice

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really agree with you Alice that money is also in the "to-do list". I started creating a to-do list every morning after I read a very helpful article in Allan Gardyne's newsletter, and since that day, I can use my time multiple times more!

So as you said: "The money IS in the list" :-)

4:06 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Ahhh but anonymous, without the to do list, it's tough to build that responsive subscriber list. :-)

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about being told what to do... I hate making to do lists, too, even when it's me telling me what to do. Great insight, Alice!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home