The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Supporting Home Business

I know it’s hard to believe, but not all home business is on the Internet. I love to support home businesses and buy from them when I can. One popular business model is the home party model a lot of stay at home moms (and even men get in on the action too!) seem to like.

According to the Direct Selling Association, who monitors over 260 direct selling companies, the industry grew over 78% in 2005 with $30 billion in revenue. A large portion of that can be attributed to the home party business. More and more companies are coming on board with the home party way of selling products. Here is a huge list of direct sales companies that join the ranks of Mary Kay and Tupperware.

Home party businesses are growing in popularity for reasons such as determining your own schedule, no inventory to keep, and room for growth that the business owner controls, not someone else. If you need more money, have more parties.

If I’m invited to a home party, I always go, unless there is a prior commitment that keeps me from going. I love to support home business and to buy cool stuff from the comfort of home. In fact, I hosted my own Tupperware party with a friend yesterday. Not only did I get to get together with friends and eat some yummy snacks – I was also entitled to free products for throwing the party. It’s fun.

Now, I’m not saying you have to call your Tupperware rep and have a party…but what can you do to support home based business?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice,
I completely agree with you on many fronts about home based business. I founded a direct sales company Footprints International (Direct Sales Shoe Parties) in January of 2003. Since that time it has grown to have representatives in 7 states. Besides the fun that the women attending the parties have, getting the choice to buy beautiful shoes at great prices, it is what it does in the lives of my Representatives that is so remarkable. One woman was able to leave her full time job, which she didn't enjoy to focus more time on Footprints. I recently had the opportunity to visit her, and when I saw her home office and how she had created her own vision of her business it was unbelievably rewarding to me. This is about opportunities so that many can live their lives in ways that they want to do. Having my Representatives own their own business opens up an amazing income potential for them. I completely agree with you, support others by having home parties, it is a lot of fun, and you never know you may decide on a new career!

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am new at this so please bear with me. I am sooo interested in finding a lucrative home party business and would welcome any and all information out there, I am really trying to find any and all info possible. Will welcome any contacts.
Thanks in advance:
Debbie in Nova Scotia
dmattatall2003@yahoo.ca

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home