The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Catch Me if You Can: I’ll be MIA

I’m heading to Vegas for a few days. Do I feel lucky? We’ll see just how lucky I am. Thanks to the automation of my business and outsourcing to helpful and competent staff, you might never even know I’m gone. Hee hee.

Thank goodness for my trusty virtual assistants. Because of them, my emails won’t pile up and my customers will get the support necessary to keep their businesses running smoothly.

Auto-responders let me throw the dice (yes, I know that’s cheesy) without worry of whether my lists are receiving their next helpful tip or resource.

Heck, I even have blog entries already written up and thanks to scheduling, they can be posted on the dates I’m away.

See, I told you. You wouldn’t even have known I was going to be gone if I hadn’t told you. So, when I strike it rich at the tables, I may never come back and no one will ever know. :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Alice

You are living everyone's dream now that you have your business set up so great!

One quick question - what auto-blog program do you use and recommend.
Thanks
Jack

7:33 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hey Jack. I haven't automated the system in Blogger, but for my WordPress blogs I can schedule posts. There are ways to do it with Blogger with email, but I haven't looked into it yet.

By the way, I won $120 on the slot machines that I promptly lost. But I also spent only 50 cents at the arcade to win a big giant stuffed turtle. I'm thinking of retiring!!

--aseba

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice, congrats on the slots girl!
Are you going to any of the shows?
Keep us posted on your activities,
especially if you win. Have you tried Blackjack yet? You could bring your giant stuffed green?
turtle with you for luck! heehee
Have fun and don't cheat the house
with your slight of hand or get too extremely wild with those card sharks. (A little wild is OK)lol
Cause you need to come back(with your stash)to blog here! Happy USA Thanksgiving, wherever you are for the holiday. I know it's a different day in Canada. Have lots of fun!!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Automating posts is a great idea. I also love autoresponders as well. Isn't technology great?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I can't do without pre-scheduling blog posts. Not that all of my posts are pre-scheduled but they really help take the pressure off every week and certainly when I want to take off.

Pre-scheduled posts are available in WordPress (make sure you have WP-Cron installed to do this) and I believe in Typepad, Movable type and Blog Harbor, maybe Square Space not sure about that one.

On Blogger, even on Beta it's not possible however, you can very easily overcome that by using the blog by email feature. Just set up a special autoresponder list for your blog OR, you could use one of those add-ons for Outlook that allow you to send emails only on the pre-selected date and time. You'll have to keep your computer and Internet connection on though.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home