The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Taking It Easy In 2007

Yesterday, I asked about your goals for the New Year, but today I want to ask how you’re going to streamline your business. How are you going to make things easier for yourself?

There are so many ways to run your business without it running you. You can outsource tasks such as article submissions, bookkeeping, website updates, and more. You can automate a lot of your routine tasks such as newsletter writing and blog posts? You can even create a more defined schedule (as much as I dislike schedules, they do work). Block your time and only take on what you can easily handle in that time.

My friend Kelly is finally going to outsource her email and support. It’s about time! I asked Kelly what held her back so long and why she finally decided to bite the bullet and let these things go.

"I have labored over this decision for six months or more. Email is such an important part of my business and I rather enjoyed checking it and responding - but in recent months I find it harder to keep up with email and have time to devote to income producing projects.

Something that really contributed to my decision was realizing the need for a real work schedule and a business routine for me. I can't embrace that and keep up with daily email. You can’t move forward and keep doing all of the same things. So I'm braving it and turning email over to my Virtual Assistant.

We've created a multitude of form letters for her to use, set up spreadsheets with link info for all of my products so that she's empowered to respond to all kinds of requests for help.

I'm excited about it and look forward to all of the extra time I'll have to be creative and complete projects."

I think it’s great that Kelly has opened more doors for herself and her business and know that with this monkey off her back, she’ll no doubt be cranking out more great products and websites. Way to go Kelly, I’m proud of you!

As for me, my business is pretty streamlined already and requires very little work from me as it is. Therefore, I plan to continue being as lazy as I possibly can and will be giving plenty of work to my assistants, programmer and other great partners and helpers. ;-)

How about you?

By the way, if you need outsourcing tips, grab ‘em for free here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home