The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Short and Sweet Goes a Long Way

I am often asked what I recommend be included in a newsletter to make sure everything gets covered in the “right” way, but without over taking the owner’s time. Many people think there is a set checklist of sorts for setting up a newsletter. There are no set rules for newsletters, but here’s what I prefer and have found works best for me.

Personally, I’ve found a lengthy Ezine to be too much work. I would rather give my subs short, sweet, and to the point emails for a few reasons.

1. It’s easier, for me, to focus on one thing at a time. This in turn means my readers are only focusing on one thing at a time. By giving them less to do, they tend to act more. If I overload them with information all in one email, they can feel overwhelmed and therefore do nothing. Not exactly what I’m wanting.

2. By keeping my emails short I am not limiting myself to just one contact a week or month. I can send more if I find it necessary. If I were sending them a long winded newsletter and then needed to send them time sensitive information that I came across later that week the chances of them opening the email are low because they are either busy reading the newsletter and doing all the things in it or they don’t have time for yet another lengthy email from me.

3. It works better. Bottom line, I’ve tested both and the short and sweet emails allow me to give my readers good advice without all the hype. They appreciate that and therefore take the info I give them and put it to use. It doesn’t hurt that many more readers actually click thru to any product I’m promoting this way as well. Sales for me, knowledge for them. Win-Win!

Each newsletter is unique to the owner and the content inside, just like each market is unique. Some readers prefer a few short emails a week and others prefer to receive a jam packed Ezine only once a month. Find out which work best for you and the majority of your readers and you’ll have a winner either way.

Sign up for my free Email Marketing Tips for more help with your list.
http://www.EmailMarketingSweetie.com

Labels: , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home