The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Have You Claimed Your Blog on Technorati?

I'm just doing this now and one of the ways you can prove who you are is to write a blog entry to state you're claiming your blog. Hence, the blog post. Not sure how this will affect traffic or anything else, but hey, why not? Apparently, by claiming your blog you can be featured on the main page of Technorati and you can also list your blog in up to 20 tag categories in the Technorati directory.

Here's my technorati profile. To claim your blog, you need to set up a profile too. And eww... I don't feel so popular anymore. My blog lost all its incoming links and popularity in the move, but I'll be a cool kid again soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

I like using technorati, and following tags and seeing who else is in "my categories"

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice. Thanks for the reminder, I claimed one of my blogs and will work on the others. It will be interesting to see if that generates any traffic. BTW, I'm enjoying your Sweetie course; its really going to make a difference in my online business.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback, Terry. I'm glad you're finding it helpful. :-)

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ,I just claimed my blog today also. I have heard a lot about technorati, and I thought I would give it a try.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claiming your blog on MyBlogLog, Technorati etc is a great idea if you rely on search engine traffic too.

If someone is searching on your name (or your blog name), these results generally appear high up in search rankings - so there's a 2nd link people can use to find your blog.

It generally doesn't generate a huge amount of traffic (because in most cases your blog/site should rank higher than your Technorati result in Google) but it's quick and free - and it helps to make sure nobody "slips through the SERP cracks". ;)

I haven't investigated the value of Technorati links, but if you're using keyword links to your blog, the linkage can't hurt either.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home