The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Sweetie's Daily Success Habits

Wendy from Creation Thoughts has tagged and challenged me to:
"list the top 5 to 10 things you do almost every day that help you to be successful. They can be anything at all, but they have to be things you do at least 4 or 5 times every week."

You'll notice my list isn't just business-focused...it's focused around my family and personal life too. Running a business from home means that home-life is always part of work and work is always part of home life. Although my day is organized to separate business and personal tasks, it all has to work together in a way that's good for the pocketbook and good for everyone in my life too.
  1. Planning: Every day begins with planning and every night ends with planning the next day. As a busy mom and business owner, without coordinating everything that needs to be done in a given day or week, I'm in deep doo-doo. Long-term planning is also important to ensure I'm on track with everything.
  2. Systematization: You should see me, whether it's getting the laundry done or planning a new information product, everything is done according to a precise plan (ahem...except email. I suck at organizing my email!).
  3. Getting Help: Okay, I do a lot of the laundry (there is just soooo much of it around here), but I definitely get help around the house from a housekeeper. I also know I only have 24 hours per day and 7 days per week and I definitely can't run my business for all of them, so I outsource to other work at home businesses as well.
  4. Time for Fun: Stress won't get me down. Whether it's playing with my kids, a date-night with hubby or a movie with friends...there's also plenty of time alloted to fun. Time away from the computer and away from thinking about business keeps me from burnout and helps me stay focused when I get back to work.
  5. Time to Unwind: Everyone deserves a little pampering and relaxation. Whether it's a candle lit evening watching Desperate Housewives, a pedicure at the spa or sleeping in while hubby watches the kids, it's gotta be done.
That's it! So, now it's time tag some of you:
Let us have your keys to success!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Alice, I gotta tease you about the laundry thing. You wait until those boys are out riding bikes and skateboarding. You think you got laundry now?
;)

You didn't tag me, but I thought I would add my habits:

1) Don't check email until you accomplish something productive in your business

2) Always know what's for dinner

3) Spend some time nurturing your spiritual side every day. I get up before the kids and read the Bible or just chill out with a good book and coffee.

4) Don't ever complain or blame. Ever.

5) Keep reading Alice's blog. She knows her stuff.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But my sons and husbands are fashionistas and seem to think they need to change a couple times a day!

I also imagine that having FOUR kids multiplies that laundry very severely.

Thank for sharing your habits. I'm thinking of trying out #5. Hee hee.

Actually, #2 is a very good one because that can really throw your day off for sure.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Great tips Alice, thanks for participating! :-)

Wendy

4:36 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Alice,

Much obliged for your contribution to the Simply Successful Secrets project!

I work at home full-time as well, and since we have one teenager in high school, with another still in middle school, my actual "work day" with no one around is usually only about 5 hours.

With the exception of your #3 (getting help), I practice each of your success habits daily.

Thank you so much for sharing them with others, and I wish you continued success both with your business as well as your laundry! :)

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cDevilishly Effective Traffic Methods That Get Results by Carson Danfield

It doesn’t matter how great your website is - if no one sees it, you’re not going to make any money.

You've spent months coming up with the perfect design, refining your sales copy, setting up autoresponders, order pages and all the rest of the stuff to make a great website, but if no one knows you exist, your sales will never get off the ground. There's no denying that you need traffic to your website in order to make sales. That's a fact!

Would you be interested in learning Tactics, Methods and Techniques that will empower you to get the traffic you so desperately need to achieve your financial goals? I mean cutting edge stuff that flat out gets results, no matter what you're selling.

If you want access to an advanced traffic generating, money-making resource that will finally take your sales over the top, visit Traffic-Trix.com and Learn the Hard-Hitting Advanced Traffic Generation Methods That Produce Positive Results.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was a delight to read .I have also created my

lens on "Affiliate internet marketing tip" . It has

got some very useful resources. as articles. here

is the url -

http://www.squidoo.com/Affiliate-internet-marketing

-tip-101/

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home