The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2007

That Don't Impress Me Much

You know, I'm not a country music fan. I was born and raised in the 'burbs of Vancouver, Canada and you won't catch too many wearing a cowboy hat around here, unless they're on their way to the handful of specified country bars in the city...but when I saw this...I thought of fellow Canadian Shania Twain's song:

"That Don't Impress Me Much"

...and I only know that song because our government institutes a Canadian content law that ensures a certain amount of what we see on TV channels and radio stations is Canadian content. :-)

Okay, disclaimer over. I was searching Technorati to see who was talking about Dr. Mike Woo-Ming's "Marketers on a Mission" and I found this.

Yep, that's a full automated "lift" of Mike's information page, complete with NO link to his website.

It looks like the owner, Andy Liu, often posts in an Asian language, so I can't read most of the characters...but come on, I can see that Mr. Liu has scraped some content of the Internet and doesn't even give credit to the source.

I don't know how much traffic Liu might be stealing, but that's just plain old sick.

That don't impress me much.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alice, you should add a nofollow tag to that link. I'm not sure which is worse, email spam or scrapers...

And thanks a lot! I can't get that song out of my head now :)

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea and it's done. Don't know if he has any stats on his Blogger blog, but hopefully he could see the clicks coming in. And hopefully, if he has a conscience, he'll do something about it.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very low! :(

11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Alice - you've been tagged!

http://www.kickstartdaily.com/blog/

:)

Have fun with it!

Martin

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home