The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

How Did You Take The Plunge to Entrepreneur?

I always find it interesting to hear how other Internet marketers and entrepreneurs started their businesses. Some are stay at home parents wanting to make a little spending money, others start part time and work their way up to business ownership while working for someone else until the time comes they can comfortably say goodbye to their boss, and still others, like Lynn Terry jump in with both feet and never look back!

As for me, I was a mom with a little baby who soon had to go back to work. I knew there must be a way for me to stay home and earn money, so I signed up for a direct sales company. I hated it! I hated all the rules and limitations. Then I realized there was a big wide world here on the WWW and I dug right in.

How about you? How did you take the plunge into entrepreneurship? If you had it to do over again, would you do it the same way?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been doing things part time at home for awhile (jobs and businesses), but it wasn't until my first son was born that I was determined to make it work and work fast.

I joined Mom Masterminds in order to learn how to make money with affiliate marketing and I also started a VA business. My son was born in May of 2004 and by Novemember 2004 I was able to come home full time.

:) It has been a great adventure!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tishia said...

Kelly McCausey took me under her wing and began teaching me some things that I could do as a VA and after about a month I was able to jump right in and leave my job. It was probably easier for me to leave my job than some other people because I was only working 16 hours a week anyways, if I would of been working full time it might of been scarier to leave and become a full time work at home mom. It's been an adventure and I have my ups and downs but I wouldn't change it for anything :-)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I started while still working full time when my son was a baby. I turned a hobby into a business and it was slow going because I didn't have much time to devote to it.

After my second child was born, I did not go back to work because the cost of daycare for two kids was my entire salary, pretty much. So I pushed and learned and studied everything I could, and still am, and my building my business.

I don't forsee going back to work outside the home. It was the plan originally, once the kids were in school and daycare isn't an issue, but by then, at this rate, I'll be making more at home than I would at any outside job.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just decided to start learning as much as possible. I think it's important to focus. Pick one "mentor" or whatever you want to call it and follow that proven plan to success. There's more than one way to do it but Confuscious say: "You can only chase one cat at a time." In other words, your defeating your purpose if you try to follow multiple plans at once. Pick one and stick with it. I like the one laid out on the Internet Business Blog. I especially liked the Information Product Online Home Study Course.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started out the same way - with newborn and a 21 month old. Going to the bank every day was pure torture. I hated being tied to set business hours - just getting out the door was horrible, especially in the winter! I kept my eyes open looking for an opportunity and when I found one I jumped! I shocked myself by earning significantly more on my own than I did at the bank. Who knew?

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home