The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, August 6, 2007

Like You Needed to Learn More - 8 Random Facts about Me


I've been tagged by Angela Wills to provide you 8 random facts about myself. I believe I've done a meme like this before, but what the heck...now I'll give more reason to wonder why you ever got out of bed to read my blog today.

LOL - Just kidding. I don't think I'm THAT boring, so here goes (following Angela's lead - lazy me just took her stuff and applied to my own life):

1. I have a Bachelor of Arts from Simon Fraser University (SFU) with a double major in History & Archaeology. I haven't specifically used any of the knowledge in any real-life job, but the research & writing skills have some in more than handy.

2. My first business, apart from the toy sale I had in Grade 5, was an ESL(English as a Second Language) tutoring business in my mid-20s. My next business brought me to the Internet at 30 when I joined Usborne Books and sold kids books with the direct sales company.

3. I am not from Newfoundland land, but rather from British Columbia, Canada. I was born here and lived here all my life. The Vancouver area of B.C. has been voted as the most livable cities in the world and a large part of our population has moved here from somewhere else, so they think it's odd than I'm a "born and raised".

4. I'm the married mom of 2 little boys. They are now 4 and almost 6. The littlest is obsessed with sea creatures (also a bit of a womanizer and already has two wives) and the oldest is growing his bottle cap collection and often pressures his Daddy to have a beer at 10 AM so he can have a new bottle cap.

5. I avoid Internet chatting like the plague. If you get my MSN log in, you'll see I'm never online. However, I do like text messages on my phone, cuz there is less pressure to reply quickly and be stuck in a conversation FOREVER!

6. I also love dancing. From the ABBA dance contests with my friends Kelly (no, not McCausey) and Shannon in grade 3, I've always loved dancing. My most recent fun dancing experience was Bhangra music at an Indian wedding. Those guys know how to party!

7. I am not addicted to membership sites. I love Kelly's (yes McCausey) Mom Masterminds and am awaiting John Reese's income.com, but other than that, I'm an Internet hermit.

8. I did not audition for the Next Internet Millionaire. I once thought I'd like to be on Survivor, but they didn't accept Canadian applications. If I wasn't so ridiculously good-looking, I might go for Canada's Next Top Model. Oh yeah, I imagine I'm a bit beyond the age limit as well.

BONUS RANDOM FACT!
Value:
$1 billion

Yes, for acting fast and reading this blog entry, I'm going to give you one bonus random fact about myself...

I am a HUGE movie buff. Of course, you may already know this, but since Friday, I have watched 7 movies:

Simpsons
Hot Rod
American Psycho
Evan Almighty
Bourne ultimatum
Sideways
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

There you go, now you know it ALL.

EDIT: Doh, I forgot to tag people. I guess that's part of the meme. Tagged are:

- Vera Raposo
- Mila Sidman
- Rob Sellen - cuz he needs a positive focus. :-)
- Jen Houck

18 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Thanks Alice.

You are right I DO need one. ;o)

One flew over the cuckoos nest is fantastic, the original one you mean?
Jack Nicholson... :o)

I will have to get positive... ;o)

Rob

6:31 AM  
Blogger Mila said...

I've posted, it was very difficult coming up with a whole 8 things and random too!

I can't believe how many movies you watch Alice, I sat through Premonition the other night and am still having nightmares.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see it soon, Rob!

Mila, I really liked Premonition. Usually with this types of movies, there are so many unanswered questions at the end, but they tied it all together so it all made sense. I was impressed.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cool! I like how you copied me ;), hehe.

Hey I saw Bourne Ultimatum last night and I really liked it, even though I totally am not normally a big action movie person.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Done Alice... ;o)

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela...it's like John Reese always says, "Why Reinvent the Wheel?" :-)

Good list, Rob. I was a sprinter myself in elementary school and junior high. I got lazy in my last 2 years of school.

I never fell down a pot hole, but my cat survived a fall from a 12th story apartment patio.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He really does look like a womanizer. I assume that pic is of the little guy.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Got lazy in your last two years?
Are you sure it wasn't the distraction of...boys? ;o)

Rob

4:26 AM  
Blogger Mila said...

Yeah, I really liked it too but it gave me nightmares. It didn't help that just before that I watched Hot Fuzz which was funny but so graphic and violent... I can't handle blood! :-)

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Using online messengers.. I hide most of the time. And girl... gah I can't even remember the last time I was even in a movie theater or even rented a movie hehe. Thanks for the tag. I'll have to go do mine now :)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Even with pizza or whatever it is all over his face, she's getting in place for her kiss. Watch out Alice!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob - last 2 years of high school! I didn't have babies then. ;-)

DH saw Hot Fuzz...I missed that one. I like that Shaun of the Dead guy, but I don't think they did a good job with the Hot Fuzz trailers...just didn't get my interest. Maybe on DVD.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Alice. babies wernt what I was talking about ;o)

Boys and hormones... ;o)

Rob

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I always call my kids "the boys", so that's how I read what you wrote. NAH...I was more distracted by them in grade 8-10. I was just more into academic stuff in the last 2 years.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you could show those Canadian models, Alice.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hardy har har, Frank. Ah...you're probably right, but I don't quite make the 5' 7" height requirement.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here you are Alice, I posted my random silly facts. Thanks for the tag, I had fun with this one..

http://veraraposo.com/blog/8-random-facts-about-me

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and here's ya go Alice :)
http://www.onemomsworld.com/8-random-facts-about-jen/

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home