The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, September 17, 2007

Myth Crusher Monday - BlogRush is Just a Traffic Exchange


I just posted this on another forum about BlogRush, so I thought it might be useful here. A member wrote:

"At the core it's just a traffic exchange and have you seen the crappy sites / biz op scams that make up a significant part of traffic exchange traffic? Or the junk coming out of similar 'viral' systems like listdotcom?"

Here are my thoughts:

"I have no idea how it this will all pan out (and if we had stats to look at it sure would help - I'm a bit disappointed in that), but I don't agree that it is simply a traffic exchange or a safe list type of thing like listdotcom.

My opinion -

1. Those services you mention rely on other website owners who want to advertise their business to read other people's ads.

i.e. The people who join want to post ads, not likely want to sit around and read them all day. Blogrush traffic comes from actual blog readers and people interested in that type of content.


2. Speaking of content - this is content, rather than ads (of course, some blog entries will be ads...but generally speaking). As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's about getting people interested in reading your blog entries, not pummeling them with biz op ads.

Granted, when readers are engaged in what you have to say in your entries, the CTR (at least in my experience) on links, etc. in the sidebar of a blog aren't always too great. But here's a good test to see if people might pay attention to this.

We shall see how it all turns out."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really good points and like you say, try it out and see how it goes.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about signing up, but haven't made up my mind yet. I'm not sure I have anything worthy enough to sign up yet. But, I guess I probably should.

Thanks for your take on the whole thing.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice points, Alice. I'm amazed at how widely varied opinions seem to be about this widget.

Time will tell how it all pans out. I've gone out on a limb and shared my 'prediction' for BlogRush based on 'psychographics' of bloggers and blog visitors.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BlogRush is a tool just like any other, it depends on how you use it and how focused you are on your efforts.

For the best bang for my buck, I'd rather have a really sharp knife, rather than have a whole chest full of dull ones.

It's the guys who're dabbling at press releases, article submissions, myspace and now blogrush and never focusing on any particular one who're gonna do themselves the greatest disservice...

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home