The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Swiss Chalet - Ayo, I'm Tired of Using Technology


Last night I tried to order delivery from Swiss Chalet.

Yes, I tried.

And sadly, I failed. Thus, the sad and lonely empty plate. Or more accurately, the technology that their call center relies on failed me.

At first, I wanted to order online. My husband said, "No, don't use the online ordering. Me & Brian did it a couple times and they never receive any special requests you put into the form. The orders came wrong both times. You should call instead."

Bummed out that I had to speak to a customer representative person (oh how little did I now what I was up for), I dialed the phone anyway. When they answered, I said I wanted to make an order for delivery. The friendly girl on the phone took my phone number and then asked for my address.

I gave her my address...including my city and province (Delta, B.C. - a suburb of a large city in Canada).

She asks, "Do you live in blah, blah, blah Nova Scotia?"

(She didn't really say "blah, blah, blah"...I just can't remember the city she said)

I said, "No."

"Do you live in blah, blah, blah Alberta?"

I said, "No."

"Do you live in Dawson Creek?" (And no, she wasn't talking about the TV show Dawson's Creek...there is a city in my province called Dawson Creek. Swiss Chalet isn't THAT nuts)

Of course, I said, "No."

"I'm going to have to transfer you to customer service."

I wait on hold for 5-7 minutes. I put it on speaker phone, so I'm kind of patient, but it's 5:45 by this time and I want my chicken!

So, I hang up and call my local Swiss Chalet. I tell them, "I tried to call your call center and they can't figure out where I live."

It was the bartender who answered. She laughed and was baffled, so she went to talk to the "delivery girls."

The bartender tells me the delivery girls said I have to call the call center. There is nothing they can do. I said can a manager at least call on my behalf to get this sorted out because if I call back, I'm going to get nowhere.

Anyway, it went back and forth, with me never getting my chicken. I guess this is how people feel when they can't download their PDFs...for that, I am very sorry. :-(

6 Comments:

Blogger Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

What a bummer! We have a local food delivery here where they have a selection of restaurants they will deliver from. I have ordered a few times luckily with no problems.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I can't help it but this silly song by Larry the Cucumber (Veggie Tales) has a really catchy song that kinda describes how you feel! LOL and oh I'm sorry if I laugh so hard. The song is very silly.

Ahem! Yeah this is no laughing matter. It really sucks to go hungry.

I have never ordered anything other than pizza online. And my experiences with Dominos and Papa John's online ordering have been nothing but satisfactory.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the Veggie Tales song is more appropriate than 50 Cent's "Ayo Technology"...LOL. I think the topic of that song is a bit off, but it keeps going through my head as I think of this problem.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So typical. It reminds me of when Homer Simpson was told "Your fingers are too fat" when using an automated phone service.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mila said...

Man and all you wanted was chicken! LOL..

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I hope nobody thinks Swiss eat that kind of food! That is certainly not standard in Switzerland!
But your ordering experience really sucks! Wonder why they have one anyway. LOL

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home