The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Friday, October 5, 2007

BlogRush Update


I’m back with an update on the very popular BlogRush. It’s been 3 weeks since it’s launch and I wanted to let you know what I thought of it so far.


Overall, I am still happy to test things out and see how they develop. I checked my stats on Wednesday (had to go into my cpanel because full stats are not available in BlogRush right now, unfortunately) and I could see the BlogRush widget had referred 86 visitors to me.

I am unable to determine my CTR as the stats are not showing, but from estimation when stats were live, I’d say it’s around 0.01%. Now that doesn’t really surprise me. Blog sidebars are often ignored because people are more engrossed in reading the bloggers actual posts. They’re less concerned about what’s on the side.

Of course John Reese and his team are working on making things better even as we speak and they have suggested the following to combat the problem.

1. Be very specific in your blog titles
2. The team has also created more targeted blog categories.

Another thing John promised was that he would have stats to see your click throughs by post. That would certainly help with crafting good blog titles.

John has also discussed the issue of people trying to game the system and his team are putting measures into place to prevent this. However after taking a look at the income.com blog today I see they’ve fixed some of the problems and will soon be releasing BlogRush V2.0. Looking forward to checking it out.

But here’s what I really do like about BlogRush visitors: The quality seems pretty high. From the comments they leave, they seem to be very engaged in what they’re reading and I think that’s pretty cool!

Until the new release…If you have been using it since it’s start, what do you think of BlogRush so far?

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I just posted this on twitter as well...I believe I would love it; however, keep having to delete the widget as inappropriate content keeps showing up, even with me using bad words, word combos etc..I guess I just can't think of enough bad stuff or something? How do you and others get your widgets to only show "family-friendly" content?

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie, I emailed your concern to John. Of course it would be good to know what types of topics you are seeing, but John replied quickly to say:

"We're in the process of manually reviewing ALL the blogs in our network
-- and we're minutes away from making our New User review process live
for good.

We've already review several thousand blogs in our network and it looks
like about 50% are going to get nuked. I imagine some of the ones that
are creating that non family-friendly content will be amongst those deleted. "

1:54 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I've received a number of sign-ups to my list, with "I found your site through BlogRush".

These are lifetime-value-of-a-customer subscribers I didn't have before, and probably would never have had.

Didn't cost me anything, either!

Michael

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Michael...I like that too. I think it brings a higher quality visitor than a simple blog roll, etc. because the person already has an idea of what they're in for when they click through.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home