The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Friday, August 20, 2004

John Reese - Traffic Secrets Backlash

Okay, how could I have an Internet Marketing blog without mentioning John Reese and his Traffic Secrets? The whole thing has created quite a roar as many slam John for creating such an expensive program and others who step up to defend this 34 year old, who has been marketing online since prior to the Internet.

Here's just a few discussions and comments of note (you'll get my 2 cents worth at a few of them):

> At IM4Newbies : The Calm after the John Reese Hurricane - Differing viewpoints on the marketing campaign that John set up. Watch out for Fred...he's a piece of work. LOL

> At Self Starters Weekly Tips : What is it with these Gurus - My friend Patty (Hi Patty!) questions the price of the product which retails at nearly $1000.

> KellyMcCausey.com : Affiliate Program Rebate Offers : What Does it Mean for the Future? - She doesn't name names, but the dates make me think I know what she talking about. ;)

> At Marketing Tools Review : Clash of the Titans - Hock asks why John doesn't cater to the "little guy"

> At Associates Programs: $1,080,496.37 not a bad day! John Reese Thoughts/Comments? - Some praise and some lashes at the BRILLIANT sales copy (IMHO).

> At HowtoCorp.com: Congratulations, John - A little praise and then some criticisms of the canned emails sent out by a number of big guys.

> From Marcus Allen: Traffic Secrets Review - Negative review from someone who has reviewed the program. Much of his negativity rests on the fact that a lot of the information is for newbies. Come on, this happens with ALL marketing products.

> And on Internet Based Moms - Ooooooh....wait...nothing. John forgot to reach the Internet Marketing work at home mom crowd and his program went virtually unnoticed in the large work at home mom community.

Like the whole launch process or not, John has written up an informative PDF report outlining all the details: How I Made 1,080,496.37 on the Internet in Less than 24 Hours...without Spending One Penny on Advertising

Well, I just got my course today, so I'm off to study. I have filled out my goal sheet, which says I will have 25K visitors per day to Internet Based Moms in 30 days. I'll let you know how I do. ;) WOWEEEEEEEE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Thanks for your comments, Rae. I'm not too sure that only the "gurus" benefit or make any money...but I absolutely understand the point because most people buy the stuff and do nothing with it.

I know you go to several seminars per year and you pay a decent amount to enter the seminar, take a flight and stay in a hotel. That's a lot of cash, but I'm sure you'll feel it's well worth it.

I don't do the seminar circuit too much, but I am happy to spend some cash on a decent program that will give me the same type of info found at a seminar - and even if I spend $500 or $1000, I will still spend less than if I had gone to the seminar.

Mind you, John's program is the first time I've spend more than $50 on a course or ebook. I don't imagine that I'll do this too often, but I have a thirst for knowledge and when I buy the lower cost ebooks, I always find that I already knew everything included. If I want something more advanced, I guess I have to pay for it.

But I know what you'll say about that, Rae. :) You like to get on forums and read the free info available. That's totally cool and your preferred method. I use forums as a learning opportunity too, but overall, I prefer the convenience of having information at my fingertips from a person I respect.

Good actors get millions for playing a role in a movie...which translates into pricey movie tickets for us. High profile singers charge and arm and a leg for a concert ticket. If someone excels at something and has something of value to offer, why can't they charge for it?

1:59 PM  
Blogger admin said...

Hello Alice,

Did u enjoy your holidays? Wish you, your family and all your readers the best for the new year (2007)to come. :)

I appreciate the fact that you love John Reese's valuable marketing advices as much as I do. It's also in my opinion, that if you truly want to learn from somebody on the net, then it should be from the best, PERIOD. John Reese is no doubt one of'em. After all, he generated one million dollar income in just one day. Did you get this, one million a day, that's something, isn't it? :)

However, since i believe that every piece of content providedd by John Reese (even if it's free) is extremely valuable, I made up my mind to create a John Reese’s Traffic Secrets Blog around him a few months ago.

Everything Ever Written By And Over John Reese Will Be Posted There. I Bet You Will Find Some Valuable Info.

So again: Great Marketing Alice. Keep Up the Good Work.

P.S.: Please Don’t Consider This As Spam. I Just Figured That Anyone (like me) Who Wanted To Know More About His Marketing Secrets Would Like To Find The Information At One Single Spot Rather Than Searching For It. (I know I Would)

So U Might Want To Check It Out Here: John Reese’s Traffic Secrets

To Your Online Profits

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home