The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2004

CB Clicks - Does the 'Net Really Need Another Ad Network?

On Friday, Armand Morin launched a new ad network, CBClicks where you can conveniently have your Click Bank ads appear on your website and on the websites of your downline. It's a pretty neat concept and it's nice to get a reward for referring others (which Google AdSense doesn't do) to the program.

I will not be replacing my Google ads on my site because I prefer to get paid quite handsomely per click, rather then hope somebody buys something based on an ad I post to my site. However, I am testing the program on some new websites to see how it goes.

There are a few things about CB Clicks that I really like:

You can specificy the width and height of your ad and how many ads you want to appear. This means you can really blend the ads into your content. You can also choose your colors (just like AdSense) Here's a couple examples:

> CB Clicks Example 1 (wide ad in "list format")
> CB Clicks Example 2 (in a side nav bar)

The key to high click throughs is to have the ad blend in with your site, CB Clicks definiately you do that. AdSense just doesn't offer these sizing options.

A Bit More Cumbersome, but Sometimes More Targeted

You can't just add a bunch of code to your sites and have CB Clicks determine their content. You have to choose a ClickBank category and you can add a few keywords, so the program picks out ads for you.

This can come in handy when you have pages that always serve PSA ads or you just want to make a few targeted ebook recommendations after an article (Secret: book recommendations are how I make a good chunk of change off my websites!).

Take a few moments to check CBClicks out. After all, it's free. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Wow! What an interesting comment, given that your blog was set up solely to promote CBClicks. Hmmmmm....curious.

10:56 PM  
Blogger maria said...

Thanks Alice for the personal
touch about CBclicks.

I'm going to remove myself from
the system.
boxxies

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home