The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Apprentice - Part 2 - Are These People Nuts?!

I missed the first 2 episodes, but caught the 2nd episode in rerun tonight. Okay, I don't have a business degree...I have a double major in History and Archaeology (LOL! How useful) and I think I have more business sense than these people. They were so concerned with the little details and neglected to look at the big picture.

All they had to do was sell lots of ice cream. Sounds simple to me.

- They got all caught up in the flavor, but we already know the Ciao Bella ice cream is good..why did they worry so much about what they put in it? They should have been thinking marketing from the beginning. Ever hear of vanilla ice cream?

- Am I crazy or was there pretty much no marketing plan here at all? Mosaic had a little bit of a plan by donating a small part of their profits to charity. They were in New York for goodness sakes...there must have been some public event they could have piggy backed on and then donated some money to that event.

The guys could have sold the ice cream with just their bow ties and shirts with their charity name painted across their chests and then anonymously called the media to say, "Hey, there's these guys selling ice cream with no shirts and trying to raise money for XXXXX charity."

I dunno...these are off the top of my head. Just my wee brain in just a few minutes. Where is the creativity?

- LOL and what's with Ivana? I totally agree with my friend, Rae who said "What was up with Miss Ivana? First, she tries to pass off the we don't need sex appeal shit. Don't play the sex appeal card...WHAT?!" Ummmm....you use everything you got...and if you've got it you use it to your advantage. The funny thing is, they were all dressed kinda sexy anyway..so they did use that card, but disguised it as, "We're just dressing the way we normally dress." Come on, talk about denial.

Anyway, Mr. Trump, if you're looking for an Historian with some business sense...you can call on me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home