The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Outsourcing - Paying or Profit Sharing?

About 6 -8 months ago, I had a pretty good team of helpers and my business was pretty low maintenance. Well, a few of my "helpers" didn't work out and I was kind of jaded by the experience. Nothing terrible happened...nobody stole my millions (HA HA) or anything like that, but it just didn't work out. So, I've been dreading finding more people.

But over the weekend while at the Women's Web Workshop, I realized that things were spinning out of control for me again...and I NEED help. I haven't done my bookkeeping this year and I am so behind on everything. So, once again, I need to build that team of helpers.

Here's my problem and I'd love your input. I still have a few key partners in my business that have worked out tremendously well, but these have all been profit-sharing ventures. It seems that every time I pay someone hourly, they flake out on me. I guess working for the same pay all the time is not very fun...I know that because I used to do it...and perhaps, working hard to make more money is more motivating. I don't really know.

Anyway, I am going back to building my team of people to help me and want to focus on doing this through profit sharing. Of course, some tasks will have to paid per hour or per piece, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. Has anyone else experienced this unusual phenomena?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Terry said...

Yes - and I can relate to everything that you said here. I'm at the same point, ready to reach out and begin outsourcing again, but not sure the best way to proceed. I look forward to watching you progress with this decision... perhaps I can pick up something that will work for me as well ;)

~ Lynn

2:50 PM  
Blogger AndrĂ© said...

"I haven't done my bookkeeping this year..."

HEHE! That make 2 of us. I haven't done bookkeeping since working for myself. God help me when the next tax year comes around. Ahaaaa!

Andre

7:18 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

LOL what book keeping?

Actually, I've been wanting to find profit sharing partners for a LONG LONG time but they never seem to work out because either I'm too gung ho or they're not quite the same wave length... maybe I'm just moving too fast. How do you find someone with the same mind set and as close as possible to your motivation level? I find that is quite important but maybe that's just personal preference??

2:27 AM  
Blogger Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

I think you need to hire yourself a virtual assistant. I know there is some good ladies out here that would love the opportunity to help you.

Stefani

8:05 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hey Stef..Believe it or not, I have a virtual assistant, actually 2 of them, in fact. I just need a LOT of help (in more ways than one). LOL.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home