The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Incredible Hulk Hits The Net

I wrote about this in my newsletter a couple weeks back, but after traveling the net today...I really see that there is a seriously problem with bad behaviour on the net. It's like people become a whole new "invincible" person when online and they often engage in very innapropriate and abusive behavior to their fellow human being. 150 pound men suddenly take on 6 foot 2 giants that weigh in at 300 pounds. Although it makes for a good soap opera, it really is just plain old bad behavior.

I was just surfing around today, minding my own business and came upon a number of forums where people were just out and out attacking each other...calling each other names and insulting each other in any possible way they could. I even got caught in the whirlwind after making a somewhat innocent post that was attacked. I attacked back, but I quickly apologized. I'm all for debate...but I'm not for personal attacks.

(And side note: If you think I'm talking about Fred who posted at Im4Newbies - if you followed the link in my last thread....Nope...not talking about him. I would have said everything I did right to his face.)

So before you post another message on a board, or before you send another email...just think...is this really me? Would I say this to this person's face? If the answer is no, save the message in a text file and come back to it later.

The 'net will be a nicer place and you'll be a much more likeable person. Now, have you ever turned into the Hulk online? "You wouldn't want to see me angry" either, but we gotta maintain some decorum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home