The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Be Careful with "Nicknaming" Your Website

I know a lot of people will shorten their website name or reduce it to initials when talking about it. Internet Based Moms is often affectionately called "IBMoms" (if you can be affectionate with a website - LOL).

Well, long ago I purchased the domain name IBMoms.com to protect that name and to ensure that anyone entering that into their browser can find the site. I haven't thought about it much since, but glancing at my site stats I see 63 referrals from IBMoms.com just this month (redirects to main website)...so the name is getting out there. If I didn't have that domain name, people might be totally lost.

So...that $7.85 investment has certainly paid off! My visitors didn't get lost. ;) Do you have a nickname for your site and do you own that domain name? You may want to lay claim to it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home