The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Friday, September 24, 2004

Please Help My Baby : She Doesn't Get Enough Attention

In June of this year, I started the Web Writing Profit Forum with good intentions. But a couple weeks later, I went to Fred Gleeck's Publishing Profits Seminar and started a new road in my virtual empire (hee hee). I launched a membership site that is doing great; am currently promoting an Internet marketing seminar for work at home moms; and am just inches away from launching 2 new info products.

Add to that, I'm working on another membership site (T.B.A.) and a couple other blogging-related projects. SOOOOO--- SHEESH, I've been swamped!

But really, everything I've been doing all comes back to my love of writing (& making money from it!), which is the reason I started Web Writing Profit anyway. The site actually gets about 100 visitors a day with very little effort...but there's not much discussion because most of my moderators and I are not active there. SOOOOO...it's time for a change. I have commited to posting more frequently and engaging people in conversation and will be be working on a plan with my moderators.

I hope you'll join me. And good news! I just installed an RSS feed for the forum...so there's no more reason to keep up. If you love writing...I'll see you there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Alice I'm one of those visitors ;)
I'm glad to see the new posts over there, I am always disappointed when I go and click on "see new posts" and there's no results :(
I really enjoy that forum...I'll make it a point to post too now.

6:13 PM  
Blogger John said...

I think it's a great "niche" forum. I've been quietly studying what makes certain forums tick. I've seen lots of forums fall by the wayside. It's hard to get the snowball effect going. The more people start posting, the more others will join in. The question is how do you gain the initial MOMENTUM?

I'll see you in there!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

I *think* I know how to get the momentum..I have done it once before, but maybe I'm spreading myself too thin by trying 2? But my other forum is targeting a specific niche too..so I wanted to reach another audience I relate to.

I'm up for the challenge...slowly, but surely...I'm ready. ;)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home