The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, January 24, 2005

Hi Mom!

Oh my...today, I visited my parents and my mom said to me, "Alice, I went on the Internet and searched for your name, so I could finally understand what you do online. I was surprised to see so many pages about you."

Well, first off --- I was surprised that my mom knew how to search the Internet (sorry mom!). She worked for the Canadian government for a long time and until a few years back they had them working on these really old mainframe computers and she didn't get a PC until recently. I knew she took a course on using Microsoft Outlook and she took very detailed notes, but I didn't know she knew how to use the Internet. LOL (Mom, that stands for "laugh out loud", in case you don't know).

I've always known people search for my name on the Internet, but I always thought it was people who only knew me "virtually" and I felt reasonably comfortable with that. It feels kind of strange to know your friends and relatives are searching for you on the 'net...but it shouldn't be surprising.

And this is my mom...for goodness sakes. I hope I've behaved properly and she didn't uncover anything naughty I may have done. She didn't say so.

So, mom welcome to my virtual world and I hope I've done you proud. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

How cute is that? :) I found out my MIL was searching my name online too and that made me feel a little weird I must say, so I understand how you feel. I do think it's cute that your mom searched online because she wanted to better understand what you do :)

Nell Taliercio

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,
Your dad and I are very proud of you. We have always known that you are a smart girl.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home