The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2005

If I'm an Underachiever, Why The Heck Did I Do This?

What was I thinking? This self-proclaimed lazy marketer just made one of the biggest mistakes EVER by trying to be a bigshot and do it all herself. :(

Long before I heard of Frank Kern & Ed Dale, I subscribed to the idea of being an Underachiever...and getting other people to do the hard work. Of course, their Underachiever Mastery System is much more than just being "lazy", but it's this principle that first attracted me to their course.

So, if I'm lazy and I like to get other people to do the hard work for me...why the heck did I decide that I'd burn the CDs and get my binders together for not only my Underachiever bonuses, but my Marketing to Moms in Business course too? The bonuses have 8 CDs and the Marketing to Moms course has a whopping 11 CDs...it doesn't take long to add up to a heckuvalotof CDs.

So, I've been spending my days and nights...burning, burning, burning. What a pain in the rear end, especially when I could be doing things that would actually be making me MONEY or geez, I could be studying my Underachiever Mastery course -- but there's no time for that right now! I've looked at some of the product fulfillment centers out there and not only would they put it together faster than me, they can do it CHEAPER than me.

ARGH! Ah well, lesson learned and I hope that you don't make the same mistake too. :(

A few friends have given me recommendations on fulfillment centers, but feel free to post yours in the comments area too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Hi Alice

Im wondering if I should have burned the DVD's myself !!
:-)

The great man Gary Halbert always suggest you should send out your first product - so you can get a feel for things AND so that you will never want to do it again.

Oh and I'm also sorry for trying to give you a good old fashion "attagirl" on my blog call because you were still able to get listed above me in the search engines for the Undies Mastery launch (Im not bitter....not much...not at all...)

You know - I could get above you for my own name on google but Im just not prepared sacrifice little bunnies like you do with all that vodoo stuff (KIDDING!!!!!!)

anyway - I got your name wrong and I am very sorry (The first xmas after I met Frank I sent his beautiful little girl Nora a card and not once, but twice reffered to her as Dora!!!!Oooops)

If you can get hold of whatever stuff that Alice is doing you should. She is darn good at this search engine stuff

Ed Dale
http://underachieving.blogspot.com

5:31 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks for the great feedback, Derrick...and I heard about your first SE visitor. WOWEE! Here's to many, many more.

That is actually good advice, Ed. I did want to put my product together and see how it would turn out -- and yes, I never want to do it again. Interestingly enough, I've never burned CDs before (yeah - it's true!), so I learned A LOT in the process.

Speaking of kids, Ed..I came upon your website with your family photos and such. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous...and with mom's eyes, she'd have to be.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alice
Do you have any plan to sell the underachiever seo as stand alone product?
I didn't buy underachiever, because I already got the first version.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home