The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Move Over Wonder Woman...

No, I don't have an invisible plane (although I've always wished I did)...but somehow I've been labeled one of the Internet's Web Wonder Women. :-)

Actually, I've known about this for a while because Lynne interviewed me for her Web Wonder Women book months ago. I wanted to tell you about it because I got my copy today and it truly was inspirational. Lynne Klippel put a lot of time into this project and selected 26 women in Internet business to interview. But I have to say, the book is not simply a collection of interviews. These interviews are inspiring, idea-inducing and there are some tremendous lessons that these women share.

At the gym today, I read through the interview with Rhea Perry - the homeschooling mom who now runs an ultra-successful business by accident. She was always on the lookout for learning resources for her kids and connecting with other homeschooling parents online and suddenly, it became a business. I also read about two of my favorite teachers, Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero and Alexandria K. Brown...and a bunch others.

If you're a woman or know a woman who could use something like this, go and pick up a copy from Lynne.

Or better yet - you can get the book free, if you purchase my buddy Kelly's "Confidence to Act" series. I think that's a theme that runs throughout Lynne's book and definitely Kelly's in series too --- the confidence to act. We worry that we need to be perfect and we sometimes paralyze ourselves from doing anything out of fear of failure or criticism. Trust me, I understand and I deal with it myself every day...but when we build a little bit of confidence at a time, it just grows and grows.

Anyway, these ladies were kind enough to interview me and allow me to share my story (Thank you ladies - you are an inspiration yourselves!)...so I certainly wanted to tell you about this. Again...you can find out about the Web Wonder Women here or get the book free from Kelly's Confidence to Act series.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

I just got the book last night and am over halfway through it. It is awesome. One of those books that makes you all warm in the belly with inspiration. And of course I read your segment first Alice ;)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Thanks Alice,
I just ordered the book and am already browsing through the bonuses. Can't wait to curl up on the couch with the hard copy.

Susanne

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just ordered my copy. Of course I really have spent too much this month, but I had to get this! ;)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home