The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Long Time Coming - Moving the Banned Site

You may remember earlier in the year, I told you about my malcolmsweb.com site being banned from Google. I decided to create a "revival project" idea for the site and received a ton of great advice and support...thank you so much. I even tried to get my site back into Google, but nothing happened.

By September, I realized that there were so many reasons to start this project all over again. That didn't mean scrap it and give it up...but make it better. So, I decided I made plans to move and improve the site.

I wanted to share the site with you, but understand that it's still a work in progress. I'm using Mambo as a content management system and I'm still working with Lynette Chandler to get it running the way I'd like it. I usually opt for HTML-based content sites because I like complete control over the look and function of the site (not to mention the SEO)...but I wanted this site to be very interactive and easy-to-manage -- Mambo allowed me to do this. Parents can submit their parenting tips and funny stories. Article writers have the opportunity for self-promotion and anyone is feel to leave a comment or question on the various content pages (but be warned spammers - we're watching you! hee hee). Plus, there's more fun stuff planned as we iron out the bugs and get things running smoothly.

Anyway, the site is now located at BabyAndToddlerVille.com - that's a mailing list sign up page as I want to collect as many email addresses as I possibly can. ;-) If you want to bypass that and get to the content, you just need to click here. As I mentioned, we're still working on getting things running smoothly. As the site gets indexed into the search engines and I continue with my promotion plans, I'll keep you up-to-date on how it's going.

And before I go, I wanted to say a big thank you to Lynette and Heather for their endless work on this project. I couldn't have done it without you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's an awesome website and love how interactive it is! Great job. I look forward to seeing where you take it.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a great improvement and impressive as a parenting resource. I like how you have the tips divided by pregnancy, baby and toddler which is very intuitive.

I like how you can get a pdf of the articles - is that an automatic function of Mambo? Not sure if everyone will understand the icons but at least for me it was apparent.

Only thing that I found confusing was the adsense block above the articles. At first glance I thought the content was blank, before realizing I had to scroll down to read the article. Perhaps consider just using the adsense block below the article and try a vertical skyscraper for the 2nd block.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the project!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, the PDF and other icons on the top are an automatic function. I don't think everyone will know what the PDF icon is, but next to it is a printer and an envelope...which are hopefully more easy to understand. But yeah, actually putting the words in might be helpful. I agree not everyone will know.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice, Fantastic job you've done on the new site. Hope it rockets in the seatch engines..

Good luck

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home