The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Thursday, March 9, 2006

Outsourcing for Business Control Freaks

I've been told my many business owners that they would love to outsource, but they can't give up control of their business.

Personally, I think that's a bit crazy. :-) But, I understand. I felt the same way until I tried it and immediately felt liberated and able to focus on parts of my business that I enjoyed and excelled at.

But if you still can't give up control of business, why not outsource other things in your life? Here's some ideas:

Hire a housekeeper for a few hours per week.

Hire a local kid to mow the lawn.

Order your groceries online and have them delivered.

If your feeling decadent, send your laundry to the local laundromat and have them wash, dry, fluff and fold. You still have to put the clothes away, but it will save you hours of work.

Doing these will give you more time for your business or extra time having fun when you're not working.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice, I can certainly be a control freak when it comes to business but it feels so good to finally outsource! I'm loving it.

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outsourcing is the only way to go! It's great to be able to do the things you enjoy and leave the drudgery to someone else!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiring someone to come clean the house once a week is definitely high on my list. It just makes it hard to focus on writing an article or getting a newsletter ready when there are plenty of dishes piling up.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Lynn Terry said...

I fall under this category (control freak) :-) But not on purpose, LOL!

I do have a housekeeper, which I use for weekly deep cleaning, and dont have a single problem outsourcing: dinner, lawncare, auto detailing, etc etc etc.

With my business, though, I am having a terrible time finding someone that is a good FIT for me and for my business. Any suggestions on where to look?

~ Lynn

4:47 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Lynne - have you considered being less picky and more patient? ;-) There is such a learning curve, especially working virtually, and nobody's perfect.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home