The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Markety-Goodness....mmmmmm

Well, I'm just finishing up some work and getting ready to head off to the Most Marketed....oops....The Happiest Place on Earth. We're off to Disneyland with the boys and I'm looking forward to a few days vacation. Of course, I'll be thinking marketing all the time because you just can't get away from it when it comes to Disney. ;-)

If you're sticking around the office, I have some "markety-goodness" for you. This is a phrase used by that meanie anonymous poster in one of his comments and I just loved it. He, of course, meant it in a more negative sense...but I love "markety-goodness". I hope you love "markety-goodness" too!

In the past weeks, I've been studying David Garfinkle's Breakthrough Copywriting course. It's been really eye-opening and I've got a ton of strategies to improve my copy. You can actually pick up excerpts from the course at the links below:

-> More great information from Michel Fortin on testing. It's a short PDF document that includes some great ideas for making more money from your existing business.
-> Here's a great document by Mike Stuart ("The Internet Audio Guy") that shows how you can increase your profits with audio.

I'll keep you up-to-date as I keep working through the course. I'm about only about 20% of the way through -- but have learned some effective strategies to improve my copywriting and "markety-goodness".

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at Disney. Give Mickey a punch in the nose and Pluto a kick in the ribs for me. (I guess I really am a meanie.)

When can I expect my first royalty check?

PS (<---- guru styleeeee) - I'm just kidding, but only about the kick and punch. Have fun!

3:37 PM  
Blogger ZedPro said...

Some really great insight into copywriting. Another person that I am a big fan of that believes in testing your copy to get great results is Marlon Sanders .
Have fun on vacation Alice.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Anonymous - I'll pay you in the markety goodness you'll continue to find on this blog. :-)

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice....
I was just perusing some recent IMP
issues I had missed and I came across the March 29th issue, "I've been Stripped of My Sweetie Status."
In the comments section a "meanie anonymous poster" penned a negative critique to you and some other Sweeties. But Hot Damn, Alice, I LOVED your response! This guy was houndogging you and Stacy with his hypercritical drivel! After reading your response to him and picking myself up off the floor, after LMAO at your remark,
I clicked on the Live Link and sure enough, this guy has his VERY OWN A..hole www.internetmarketingshithead.com
website. LOL! Alice, you get a Five Star rating from me and maybe even a FUN X Rating ta boot, for telling it like it is and playing your Internet Badgirl Sweetie cards in just the right way! After all, Internet Marketing Sweeties can and should be Internet Badgirl Sweeties if and when it's necessary, as you say, "to keep order and happiness in Sweetieland" and of course for FUN! Paris Hilton(March 30th IMP Newsletter) has NOTHING on you Alice! Maybe a little higher on the Technorati Charts currently, but you're DEFINITELY & steadily climbing those charts Sweetie!
Those Bars are High on your Charts some of those days, girl! Alice, you know we LOVE IT when you're NAUGHTY!! You GO GIRL ! Bet your Flirted with Mickey and Donald!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puke.

Puke. Puke. Puke. Puke. Puke.

Ahhhhhh. Much better.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I want to drink the kool-aid errr... join the community.

I'm Matt -- the anonymous meanie. I author the rude, sometimes clever, oft misspelled little bits you've been enjoying (Amway comparison, men in thongs wrestling in peanut oil, the puke thing above, etc ...)

Well that's it. All done. Why are you still reading?

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Along with your "markety-goodness"
Alice, you also give us some Stephen Colbert type "truthiness" from time
to time. lol Goodgirl, Alice !

8:17 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

LOL...anonymous (the last comment before this one). I don't even know who Stephen Colbert is - but from searching, I see he is an American comedian of some kind - but if I'm giving out "truthiness", I can go with that!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home