The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

But I Already Knew That!

As written to my Internet Marketing Prescriptions subscribers (feel free leave your comments at the end):

This week I wanted to talk you about what you know, what you think you know and what you really don't know at all.

(And trust me, there's plenty that I don't know too!)

In the Internet Marketing community, we all have different approaches to our online businesses and we all have varying degrees of success. From working closely with other online entrepreneurs over the years, something has become clear:

To some degree, we sabatoge our own success.

We're in constant search of information and often we overload ourselves with to many ideas and just plain old too much information. And in most cases, we don't take action on most of the good information we receive. It's almost like we figure if the knowledge is in our heads, it will miraculously manifest itself in a successful online business, with little or no effort.

Sometimes it takes hearing the same information over and over agin before we take action. Other times, it takes hearing the information presented in a certain way, by a certain person before it even clicks.

I was thinking of this last week, when Rich Schefren released his Internet Marketing Manifesto and a popular Internet Marketing forum blew up in controversy over the report.

(You can find the report at: http://www.aliceseba.com/manifesto.html)

No, the report isn't controversial in subject. It discusses the very elements that keep people from being truly successful in the continued financial growth of their business.

So, what's all the fuss?

Well, some people declared that this was the most amazing thing they'd ever read and they were completely going to change the way they do business.

Others said, what's the big deal. This information has been around forever. It's so BASIC.

But you know what? Many of those people who said they already knew everything were not terribly successful in their online businesses. They also didn't have systems in place for the CONTINUED GROWTH of their business.

So, my opinion is that these people THINK they know it, but they don't really know it all because they don't live it.

In fact, part of the information Rich shares is stuff I've been sharing with my subscribers in regard to creating a business that grows without killing you in the process. Still I know many of my subscribers aren't implementing my rock solid advice - maybe you're one of those subscribers. ;-)

I know this, because I continue to get questions from subscribers who are working too hard for little return and they want to know what they're doing wrong and what they can do better. To be honest, I've already told them. But like I said, we're so inundated with information, that we're not really sure what we should do next.

So, maybe you need to hear it another way and it will all become clearer. Have a look at Rich's Internet Marketing Manifesto and leave a comment to let me know what you think.

Again, the report is here:
http://www.aliceseba.com/manifesto.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I was one of the ones that loved it. Especially the part about focusing on one market and dominating your niche. I started putting that to practice right away.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally decided to have a read and am printing it out as I type this. ;) Not that I didn't think it would be a good read, but I get so much information it's hard to pack more in --- but if Alice says it's good then I'm going to have a read.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree that I've heard a lot of it before but as a confessed info junkie, I do a lot more learning than "doing"... so yep, Carrie, the part about focus is key!

Thanks for always providing great perspective Alice!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home