The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Is There Anything Google Doesn't Have? And Kudos to You!

From the best search engine to highly useful online calendars to downloadable video to superior free email accounts and very recently, an online payment processing service, it seems Google it all. But I missed something.

I was surfing Carrie Lauth's blog who was previously surfing Lynette Chandler's blog and discovered that Google now offers online spreadsheets with it's free Google Spreadsheets service. What an awesome resource for working virtually with others.

This information and the great information shared by my blog readers in the XSite Pro thread have really given me some new perspective to truly moving my outsourcing and project management into the 21st century. With Google's useful tools, Martin Avis's recommendation for BeInSync.com and Sharon Tucci's nods to Box.net, there are definitely plenty of options to be in synch (pun intended, I guess!) with the people who you work with virtually.

Thanks for sharing everyone! What would we do without good online friends who aren't afraid to share resources and tips for success?

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Huggins said...

Isn't it cool? What would we do without Lynette?!

5:41 AM  
Blogger SharonTucci said...

Google spreadsheets IS kind of neat, but before you dive in to actually implementing it, you might want to do some further reading on it and some playing around with it yourself.

There is one neat feature - being able to chat with someone who's viewing the same spreadsheet in real time. This can be useful in many situations.

At the same time, it doesn't have the same bells and whistles of Excel. Primarily for me, it doesn't have macros- which makes using it for ALL project spreadsheet needs useless right now. (I say right now in case Google plans to add macros in the future).

10:24 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I don't use any macros myself and don't think any of my spreadsheets do right now...but that's a good point for people.

I think Google is working very hard to compete with Microsoft and offering much of what Microsoft charges for free. Even though it's not direct competition and the stuff Google uses is web-based, it's nice to see someone giving Microsoft a run for their money. A little competition is good for the consumer.

7:27 AM  
Blogger cliff said...

Hi, I am Cliff from EditGrid. I invite you to take a look at EditGrid, which is another online spreadsheet like Google spreadsheet, but working in a different direction. Instead of a neat and light, we are going into the direction of presenting a comprehensive spreadsheet.

It now provides more then 500+ functions, with stock data feed and many more. I also allows you to post your spreadsheet on blog.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home