The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Friday, September 15, 2006

Develop the Idea Before the Approach

I frequently get emails from people (sometimes customers, fellow forum members or just out of the blue) and they write to me to say they like my work and perhaps we can work on something together and to let them know if I have any ideas.

Something's missing here. If you approach someone to work together you should have the idea first. Whether it's something as simple as interviewing them for an article or your podcast or offering to promote their product...offer some kind of idea.

Everyone is busy and if you're asking them to essentially help you, you can't also expect them to also do all the brainstorming. Come up with a great idea that the person you're approaching will love...and then go from there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny. I actually haven't had that happen yet, but ... I'm sure it will in time.

So, Alice, got any million dollar ideas you want to send me? You have my email address. ;)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cummon Alice, and humor us with some of the details about their partnering request. We need more info to make up our minds on this one. Just how Vague were they? lol

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, before realizing something you have to develop an idea, original if you can.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home