The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Could Give it To You on a Silver Platter...

...but that would be lying.

As you probably know, Mila Sidman and I have a PLR content membership site. Yesterday, I emailed my mailing list to tell them we have just completed and would be adding a step-by-step guide and video to show people how to optimize their PLR articles for search engines.

Some people have asked why our articles aren't ALREADY optimized for search engines. Well, that would be incredibly misleading of us to suggest that they are.

There's nothing wrong with using the same content found on another website (of course some would disagree with that - I'm just going on my own experience), but if all the websites are targeting the precise keyword phrase...it would be impossible for everyone to get good rankings. The key is doing your own simple keyword research and making some minor (and I mean - minor) modifications to the article.

I mentioned something like this on my blog a little while ago when a forum member claimed PLR doesn't work because he wasn't "raking in" the traffic.

Now, I don't blame the people who ask me these types of questions. In some cases, they may just not be familiar with the way search engines work or they didn't think through the possibility.

But I do place a LOT of blame to people who SELL products that claim to hand everything to their customers on that silver platter. There is no silver platter. If you've had the autopilot mentality shoved down your throat, demand to have it removed!

Yes, much of your online business can run online pilot...but you've got to do the work to put things in place FIRST. It doesn't matter if it's PLR articles or any other aspect of your business...there is always some work involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home