The Official Internet Marketing Sweetie Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Made Money from 12Daily Pro: You Might Wanna 'Fess Up

According to an ABC4 Story, Tom Lennon, the appointed receiver assigned to deal with the 12Daily Pro mess is going after some of those who profited from the Ponzi scheme (Thanks to Josh Anderson for keeping up with this case and pointing out the the story).

Story is here.

He wrote:
The Receiver believes that certain investors were aware of the fact that 12DP was a Ponzi scheme and invested with the intent of maximizing their investment early in the scheme and withdrawing their funds before it collapsed.

If you happened to participate and made any amount of money, it might be in your best interest to come forward to authorities...instead of having them have to come to you which could result in greater financial hardship and legal troubles.

Earlier this year, I wrote about 12Daily Pro, BEFORE the Feds moved in and shut down the operation. Kelly McCausey and I even did a special recording for her WAHMTalkRadio program warning others about potentially illegal auto-surfs. Kelly and I were largely criticized and personally attacked by some of the members of our work at home mom community. Many of these critics said what they did was their own business and we had no right to be so judgmental.

Well, with the events that unfolded, I hope that we were able to protect others from making a mistake in getting involved and got some people to pull out. I also hope that some of those critics were able to look at the situation and see that if some people don't speak up, many more end up in trouble.

No, wishing that, doesn't make me or anyone holier than though, as some people suggested. It means that we're lucky to live in a world where some people still care about what happens to other people.


3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Alice, reading that article made my jaw drop to realize just how much money flowed through 12 Daily Pro. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about the people who lost money - and angry with the people who profited from it.

I wish I could believe that this will have taught our community about these kinds of things - but somehow I doubt it :(

9:19 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thankfully, I've seen a number of community members change to more legitimate business offerings.

But you're right, many of those in our community picked up and went to another place, where they could continue to lie to themselves and others about what they were involved with.

It's so sad that money can result in so much desperation.

(BTW - For anyone reading this, when I say "community", I'm talking about my forum in particular, but the work at home mom community in general)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Alice & Kelly,
I so admired you ladies for doing that WAHM Talk Radio episode about the ponzi schemes and 12 Daily Pro.

Back then I had someone within my MLM company tell me (actually a whole bunch of people at a conference) that she used 12 Daily Pro to get traffic to her site. It didn't even occur to me to check it out for legitimacy (that a word, lol?) as it had been recommeded by someone I thought I could trust so I went ahead and signed up.

LUCKILY, after I signed up it seemed too confusing and I thought I'd come back to it later. Then I came across you and Kelly talking about it and choose to stay far away!

Thanks for caring enough to try to warn those who WILL listen about things like this :).

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home